[AU] Butterfly Cage

Jaik

First Post
Mochor stares at the stony floor, the woman's sobbing stabbing into his heart like a knife. He understands what it means to have a great goal for your life, a center around which you organize everything. He can only imagine what it would be like to lose that focus.

"We must make this right."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 1 HP: 3/7 AC: 13

"Is she saying that Javdak is not to be trusted?" Connor asked.

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje steps back from the sobbing woman. "I will not deny responsibility, but you speak as if you could not become a mojh without him. I do not understand your desire for this thing, but it can be achieved through other avenues." He glances pointedly towards Scinathar. "Perhaps it may be able to help you. We would wish that you shall help us, however. Why did Kithmenshen believe that Javdak would misuse this place, and how could it be misused?"

While he speaks, Sanje looks around at the others to gauge their reactions to the woman's outburst. He himself seems more resolute than regretful about the mojh's death.

Diplomacy +5 (I discovered, when I was leveling up, that I had added the wrong ability modifier. I fixed it and invested another skill rank, so the number didn't change. Hopefully that won't cause any problems.)

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
With the cool clean flow of ice through his body, Scinathar adds, "But this Mojh, Kithshemen, you named it? It was responsible for collapsing the tunnels causing killing or injuring indiscriminately. It placed this spryte there as well to trick and taunt people who tried to come here. That does not sound like it was just protecting the Deepstorm, but more like it wanted to horde all the power and use it all itself."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The woman is silent for a moment, taking in Scinathar's words, and then looks up at the group.*

"If he did want the power for himself, it was only because he deserved it. He worked himself to the bone to find out about it and to figure out where it was! And if a few people got a little hurt, it was all for the greater purpose of finding this place and using the power properly. Javdak would have just studied the place, Kithmenshen wanted to use it," she says defiantly.

*However, you realize that the woman is not that old, and her words have a faint ring of... something to them. It's as if the words are not her own, as if she's reciting something from a book, or another person's ideas.*

"I think she's crazy in the head." Lornae says in a whisper, with a tone of absolute surity in Connor's ear.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 1 HP: 3/7 AC: 13

Lornae said:
"I think she's crazy in the head." Lornae says in a whisper, with a tone of absolute surity in Connor's ear.

Connor nodded in agreement even as he tried to place her words, using Canny Effort to assist his memory. He didn't really appreciate the philosophy of hurting or killing others for the greater good. That just didn't seem right. Connor wondered if the woman had been charmed or under the effects of some other compulsion - like a suggestion or something.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sounds a little funny to me. What would this benevolent Kithshemen have used this place for anyways. I'm thinking that something this powerful deserves to be studied before someone just went ahead and used it." Scinathar offers, knowing that it is slightly hypocritical as Galen, Connor and itself have already used it to some extent. Actually what further use could we get from it, perhaps an idea that requires more thought.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dalamar said:
"So how long did you spend in memorizing that?" Galen asks, amused.
*The woman glares at you, her eyes tearstained.*

"Kithmenshen was a teacher, and he taught me well," she says carefully to Galen.

Erekose13 said:
"Sounds a little funny to me. What would this benevolent Kithshemen have used this place for anyways. I'm thinking that something this powerful deserves to be studied before someone just went ahead and used it."
"It had some kind of power over the land. Kithmenshen wanted to use it to learn about the witches that once lived here. He said they could control the weather for hundreds of miles, and he wanted to be able to duplicate it; for crops and traveling and such," she says, lifting her head and meeting Scinathar's eyes squarely.

*Connor, the words don't sound terribly familiar except as a type; the type of person who sees their own view as right and convinces everyone else of it... or else.*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Oh and how exactly did it plan to accomplish that?" Scinathar says sceptically, now a little more intrigued by the possible powers of this place the mojh tries to lead her a little into revealing more of what she had been taught.

Remove ads