[AU] Butterfly Cage

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Only a ghost of the blades has merged with Galen and Scinathar, the actual blades are still resting on the bowl. However a faint breeze seems to be blowing around Galen, and Scinathar's scales seem to have a slick, shiny coating on them.*

*When Connor grabs the blade made of wood, he seems to feel as if vines are embracing him gently. The scent of the forest fills his nostrils, and the rest of you see a faint ghost the wooden blade merge into him. Now with three people holding the blades, Connor, Scinathar, and Galen can see, briefly, a picture in their minds. They see the surrounding land, as if flying like a bird above it. Some places seem to bleed, places where they can see experimental mines punching into the sides of the earth, and other places seem to glow greenly; the ruins outside the cave, and several miles further away, a strange complex made with the same kind of architecture as Deepstorm. The vision lasts for only an instant, and then you are seeing out of your own eyes again.*

Dalamar

Adventurer
"That was... interesting..." Galen says, winded (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).
He relinguishes his hold of the sword, taking a step back.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 1 HP: 3/7 AC: 13

Connor is somewhat taken aback by what happened to him. He has always been in studies and not been one of the outdoors - until recently.

"I wonder if anyone has discovered the other place?" Connor pondered aloud. "I mean, this one has been lost for so long. And that other stuff . . . the mines. . . ."

Erekose13

Explorer
*As the blade of ice melds with Scinathar, his (
I just cant keep up this 'it' thing.
) eyes swim with the power of the blizzard, his heart leaps as it is taken on a whirlwind ride. He can feel the power of the winter flow through his veins and watches in fascination as it coalesces into crystals from his fingertips. Still oblivious to everyone else, he doesnt realize that Galen has picked up the Wind sword, too subsumed in his own minture snowglobe.*

*That is until Connor picks up the Green sword. Drawn together and up beyond the Deepstorm out across the land, the three of them moving where ever the power of this witchery site takes them. At the sight of the earth bleeding from mining attempts Scinathar begins to cry, icicles forming beneath each of his eyes. He had heard greenbonds and the like speak of the earth being alive, the Green they had called it. But until now he had not know the power the earth held. This Green was all around and while incredibly powerful it could be hurt too. The last moments of the shared vision, those depicting the other complex, shook him the most.*

*Coming out of the trance, still covered in a sheen of cold yet completely unaffected by even the low temperatures around them, Scinathar turns to the other two, "We are meant to go there. I can feel it in my heart. Something in both of these complexes is threatened by the digging and we must find out what that is."

*As Sanje and the others filter into view, Scinathar was almost embarrased that he had been drawn away from his friends, drawn by visions of power. He hesitates a moment, trying to reclaim his senses, before speaking.*

"The other place, as Connor mentioned, is like this one. We three have been taken on a vision journey, guided by the Green, shown the injuries inflicted upon it. Mines dug into the ground bleed the Green, causing harm to the world around us. Near here we were shown another place like this Deepstorm. Or atleast it is built similarily. We can lead you all to that place, for we must travel there, I can feel it!"

WizWrm

First Post
"I am feel that first we ought to report our findings to Javdak," says Sanje. "What we overheard from those we fought suggested he knew of this place; it would be wise to be well-armed in knowledge before seeking this place out. Let us take the swords, and go?"

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis watches as his three companions grasp the different swords. The effect is clearly magical, which makes him just a little bit nervous.

"I wonder why these others were so intent upon finding this place," Grathis says with a glance at the injured woman. "It seems as little more than a magical oddity to me. Of what value is snow in a mountain?"

Grathis' instincts tell him there is much more to this place. His question is intended more to see if he can fish more information out of the others, as he is quite certain that they understand magic far better than he.

Erekose13

Explorer
Scinathar answers Grathis' question, "Deepstorm is a witchery site, it augments the powers of witches, particularily those of the wind, cold or green types. I'm not sure exactly how to take advantage of it. But the three of us might be able to find a few things out. I imagine though that the others were searching for such power."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 1 HP: 3/7 AC: 13

"I believe we should search this area for any more information, items, or areas, then take our leave of it and report to Javdak," Connor offered. The blade felt strange in his hands, a sense of power and awareness of the land he hadn't had before.

"We should take the woman, and the others with us when we go," Connor continued. "I think maybe we should offer to have the giants and other continue with us as well. They have provided us with much assistance in guarding those we have captured, and watching over us as we rested."

Connor returned his gaze to Lornae and asked, "So what do you think of all this?" Connor hoped to determine what she knew and if her alliances were still with the group.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The woman looks over at the three of you, tears running down her cheeks. Quietly, she begins to speak.*

"Kithmenshen... he wanted to find this place. He was a witch, and he felt that he had the right to claim it, as he had discovered writings about it first. But he didn't want Javdek to know, Javdek would misuse it... Oram and I were Kithmenshen's students, and we admired him so much... I... we both wanted to be mojh, and... Kithmenshen said if we helped him find and get into Deepstorm he would sponsor us to his conclave... And you killed him and I will never be able to get in there on my own!" she says, first in a whisper, and then the last in a shriek. She throws herself ineffectually at Sanje, her fist beating on his chest, crying like her heart is broken.

Remove ads