• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lornae zips down on Connor's shoulder. Upon seeing Javdak, she gives a squeal of joy and leaps on the surprised verrik to give him a hug. Then she begins whispering rapidly into his ear. He nods from time to time, and then suddenly his eyes nearly bug out of his head.*

"Deepstorm! You found Deepstorm?" he demands in a frantic whisper.

Jaik

First Post
Mochor cringes and his shoulders tighten. He has only enough knowledge of this Deepstorm to realize that it is very valuable, and what is valuable is dangerous.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 2 HP: 9/11 AC: 13

Javdak said:
"Deepstorm! You found Deepstorm?" he demands in a frantic whisper.

*Connor looked slightly shocked at their sponsor's reaction. Confused for the moment about the signficance of Deepstorm (his brain was still on whether they knew where the mohj's lair was), Connor looked at the others tentatively.*

"Ye-ss-ss?" Connor said, making the three letters into three syllables and a question.

Erekose13

Explorer
Hng. I knew that the morsel would be more trouble, should have finished my snack earlier. Scinathar thinks to itself. Nodding to Javdak, "Yes we found it, though it did not appear that that was Kishmenshen's lair as it had not been breached yet."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Indeed... Did you find any way of getting in? Any hint as to what lay inside it?," Javdak says excitedly. "I have been looking for Deepstorm for quite a while, trying various places, I hoped it would be here..."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Javdak said:
"Indeed... Did you find any way of getting in? Any hint as to what lay inside it?," Javdak says excitedly. "I have been looking for Deepstorm for quite a while, trying various places, I hoped it would be here..."

"Why are you looking for it, Javdak?" Connor asked, feeling some of the responsibility flow through him. He had been there and experienced . . . something special, something important. Connor wasn't certain that it would be completely safe to tell him, suddenly and was stalling with the question until he could gather his thoughts.

OOC: Sense Motive +0

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"It has been long for decades, and it was a site of immense power... it would be a crime to let it simply lie there dormant when people could be exploring it and its power. I am a scholar, I want to know what it does and how it does it, how it was made, who made it, and exactly what it's capable of," Javdak says in a low, passionate voice.

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje says, "I do not know what it is that this place is capable of. I have seen to understand, however, that three of our number - Connor, Scinathar, and Galen - were altered by their experiences upon finding it. Nor do I know the depths of this place, so I cannot say that we have truly found all there is to be there, but we found a snowstorm within a cave, and in the storm a grove of trees."

He pauses in thought for a moment. "Was finding this place your original purpose for our expedition? Did you foresee the danger we would encounter? Kithmenshen and his allies seemed to be familiar with your exploits, at least; though we have yet to piece together the full story. Perhaps you might tell us?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Connor was very understanding of Javdak's empassioned pleas, which touched the part of him that worked so hard to be a magister. He didn't seem like a bad person.

Sanje said:
"Was finding this place your original purpose for our expedition? Did you foresee the danger we would encounter? Kithmenshen and his allies seemed to be familiar with your exploits, at least; though we have yet to piece together the full story. Perhaps you might tell us?"

"There did seem to be a sense of familiarity now that you mention it," Connor agreed. "I would be interested as well."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads