• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
WizWrm said:
Sanje says, "I do not know what it is that this place is capable of. I have seen to understand, however, that three of our number - Connor, Scinathar, and Galen - were altered by their experiences upon finding it. Nor do I know the depths of this place, so I cannot say that we have truly found all there is to be there, but we found a snowstorm within a cave, and in the storm a grove of trees."

He pauses in thought for a moment. "Was finding this place your original purpose for our expedition? Did you foresee the danger we would encounter? Kithmenshen and his allies seemed to be familiar with your exploits, at least; though we have yet to piece together the full story. Perhaps you might tell us?"
*Javdak absorbs the information Sanje puts forth greedily, his eyes darting to Connor, Scinathar, and Galen when Sanje mentions of their "alterations."*

"I had hoped to find it before Kithmenshen, but I did not know that it was willing to do violence to prevent people from reaching it first. We're academic rivals, it and I, but it appears its thirst for knowledge also includes a thirst for blood..." Javdak says softly.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor - Initiative: +2; AC: 13; HP: 9/11 (2 subdual); Wpn: Staff +1, 1d6-1 20(x2)

Javdak said:
" . . . We're academic rivals, it and I, but it appears its thirst for knowledge also includes a thirst for blood..." Javdak says softly.

"Well . . . you were academic rivals . . . ." Connor commented. "So what's the next step? Do we go looking for lair . . . ."

Connor stopped a moment and looked at the other Galen and Scinathar, " . . . course, there are places we should go as well."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Aye... I think I can feel the wind of change over myself. Need to get a move on."
Galen was getting more and more nervous around Javdak, regretting more and more the fact that they had left Kithmensenen in the cave.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Keia said:
"Well . . . you were academic rivals . . . ." Connor commented. "So what's the next step? Do we go looking for lair . . . ."

Connor stopped a moment and looked at the other Galen and Scinathar, " . . . course, there are places we should go as well."
"Finding its lair would be excellent. If it has been truely killed, then I wish to know what else it might have uncovered in its searches. But first I must see Deepstorm for myself, I have worked a great deal of my life to find it!" Javdak says with passion.

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje furrows his brow. "This seems an acceptable course of action to me," he says, glancing at the others. "A few of you seem to be holding some objections to this, and I suspect it was a result of the alterations. Please, state it forthright such that all may understand."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think that it is time to show our employer the fruits of our labour. Deepstorm has indeed been found and as our friend Sanje has stated, the three of us were indeed changed by the experience. It is a highly personal experience that is difficult to put into words, but suffice it to say the Winter Winds flow through my veins now and we all feel more connected to the forces of nature in the area. I think that we should all accompany you out to Deepstorm as soon as you are ready for the journey." Scinathar said.

Jaik

First Post
Mochor looks at the Mojh with new respect. He had expected Scinathar to protect himself and knowledge of his "alterations" given their employer's odd interest. His honesty gives hope that his protector is also teaching...

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis takes in the conversation largely in silence. He's wary of both Javdak and, to a lesser extent, his companions who had been 'changed' by Deepstorm.

Still, no one has given you good reason to be distrustful. It's just a hire.

"I will continue on as required," he says. "To its lair, Deepstorm, or otherwise."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor - Initiative: +2; AC: 13; HP: 9/11 (2 subdual); Wpn: Staff +1, 1d6-1 20(x2)

Grathis said:
"I will continue on as required," he says. "To its lair, Deepstorm, or otherwise."

"Either one would be fine with me, though I thing the lair may yield some information that may prove necessary for our travels to deepstorm," Connor added.

Last edited:

Remove ads