[AU] Butterfly Cage

Dalamar

Adventurer
Galen summons his Blade of the Winds and raises it front of himself in a defensive pose. He glares at Javdak and say, with a level voice, "You... shall not.. pass..."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 2 HP: 10/11 AC: 13

Connor watched the goings on in rapt attention, almost like he was watching a play or performance . . . it was very excited. Connor's pulse quickened and he felt energy course through him. He couldn't wait to see what happened next . . . then Galen's words both thrilled him, and made him realize that he was a part of this as well.

Now he had to think about the consequences of what was going on. He knew that he didn't feel as deeply as did Galen and Scinathar, but he felt a part of Deepstorm just the same. They were both reasonable beings, and Javdak seemed to be unreasonable, but that was not terribly uncommon in bosses.

Javdak said:
Deepstorm was meant for me! Now STAND ASIDE!" Javdak roars.

Those words seemed to galvanize Connor as much as anything. He didn't think that Deepstorm was meant for just one person, but for all. Connor realized that he wasn't terribly wise most times . . . he hoped this time was one of them.

He took a couple paces from where he stood to stand with Galen and Scinathar, facing against Javdak.

"What he said," Connor added in a much more subdued voice.

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis continues to watch the interaction with growing concern. He makes it a point to glare at Javdek, so that any of the others might easily judge where he will side if the issue is forced.

Jaik

First Post
"He," pointing at Scinathar, "has touched Deepstorm. Touched the very heart of it and been changed by it. It almost seems as though he IS Deepstorm, and Deepstorm is him. Where it is concerned, Javdak, your words have little sway."

Mochor's face softens. "I know the burden of a quest. I know the incredible weight of an oath, of a drive, of having a goal to reach. Realize that you have reached your goal. You have sought Deepstorm, and you have found it! When what you have sought is in your hands, do not clutch it to you greedily and thus crush it. Treat it with the respect it so obviously deserves."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*At the others' refusal the back down, Javdak looks for a moment as if he's about to go ballistic. Then the litorian steps forward with quiet words, words that seem to touch Javdak's reason rather than his rage. He takes a great breath in, and then exhales slowly, the anger draining from his face. The winds of Deepstorm seem to slack slightly. Behind Javdak, the party suddenly sees a group of people coming up the passage. They are verrik, wearing robes of white, green, or blue. Around them are auras of power that the other witches in the group immediately recognize. These are also witches, witches of wood, winter, and wind.*

"Well done, guardians," says a white-haired woman in snow-white robes. She is the oldest here, and holds up a hand in respect. Javdak whirls on them, and then sighs, looking resigned. "It was only yesterday we felt the awakening of Deepstorm, and it has taken us until now to get here. We are the witches of Zayob, ancestors of Deepstorm. When it was lost, our conclave remained, but our blood remembered when Deepstorm awoke. We thank you for guarding it from misuse and over-enthusiasm. Perhaps this one would prefer to work with us, instead of taking it for himself," she says softly. However, there is steel underneath the silk of her voice, and it's clear that "working with them" will probably be a way to keep Javdak in line.

"What reward can we offer those that found and protected this place of power?" a younger, black-haired man asks. His robes are green and brown, and he bears a wooden staff.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I would wish to know what this, " Galen indicates his blade and the Deepstorm, "is all about. I know basic stuff about witchery, but this is..."
Galen finds himself without words to describe what he is trying to say.

Erekose13

Explorer
Scinathar is at first quite suprised at the appearance of the verrik conclave, having focused all of it's attention on Javdak and the imminent confrontation. He stands silent for a few moments, listening to the verrik but still concentrating on Javdak's reactions. As things have cooled off he has a moment to digest what has been said.

"I think what my friend is trying to ask, is that we would like knowledge. We three have become intimately linked to Deepstorm almost by coincidence, though I would like to think that destiny or some form of fate has brought us here. But we have no concept of the history of Deepstorm and while we have some inkling of what we are now charged with protecting we would like to know more of what we saw in the visions that Deepstorm granted us. We would also like to understand more about your position in all of this, more about this Zayob conclave of which you speak." Scinathar explains.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"What we know is from our oldest archives. Those that touch the heart of Deepstorm and have no malice in their hearts for the land, Deepstorm will awaken the powers of witchery within them. There seem to be few hearts these days that would allow for Deepstorm to be found, so fate, it seems, has brought you here. Deepstorm was supposed to show those within it places of trouble within the land, and by using the power within it, they could help eliminate the trouble. There are stories of forests coming alive to choke the lives out of mauraders, of mines closing smoothly in like melted glass, of the earth swallowing up poachers, of endless rain becoming sunshine, and a fine day turning into a blizzard. The power it contains in enormous... and not meant for experimentation," she says, turning to Javdak with a fierce look in her eye.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong (10/11)

"Hey, we saw something like that didn't we guys?" Connor asked. "I remember seeing a darkness over at . . . uh . . . ummm, you know, over there."

as knowledge as Connor claimed to be, geography and locations were not of a particular interest to him, especially not when compared to the arcane.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes indeed it is as my friend Connor says, we have seen such sights as you describe. Our task it would seem is to protect the land. One which I know that I have definitely accepted. You mentioned reward, any thing you might do to help us in the task set before us. Is your conclave nearby? Perhaps if we could use that as a base of operation until the rooms around Deepstorm can be made into living quarters." replies Scinathar.

Remove ads