[AU] Butterfly Cage

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong (10/11)

Aa-Ma'ray said:
"Thank you kindly, Connor, isn't it?" Aa-Ma'ray says.

"Yep, that's me, Connor Loresong, at your service," Connor said as he observed the healing his spell had managed. Connor shrugged and said, "I can do some more healing, but I've got to head back in at the moment. When I get back out, I should be able to help a lot more."

Connor watched Javdak's reactions as they headed in to the complex. Connor stayed behind Javdak, closer to the rear of the group.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Scinathar leads Javdak into the depths of the mountain, passing the chamber where Lornae was the other day, going through the illusionary wall, the remains of the second cave-in, and past the body of Kithmenshen. Javdak pauses a moment beside the corpse and painfully lowers himself to the ground and touches its shoulder for a moment.*

"You were a worthy rival, but to the victors go the spoils," he says softly. Oram struggles in Sharla's iron grip, his face full of rage. Sharla, on the other hand, is crying silently. Javdak ignores them both, and staggers to his feet again, approaching the doors reverently, and speaks the words above the doorframe. "Deepstorm aids only the land."

*With a grumble and a groan, the doors begin to ponderously swing open, bringing with them a blast of bitter winter and snow. Javdak's face is drinking it all in, and he seems spellbound by the unfolding events.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Before everyone is able to enter, Scinathar moves forward to block Javdak from the moving beyond the doors though not to block his line of sight. "Now that you are here we would like to know what you intend to do with Deepstorm. It is, as the engraving said, built to aid the land. It is my intention to see that mission is carried out to the fullest of my abilities. This witchery site is not to be toyed with or abused, nor left buried and unused." His voice booms on the howl of the wintery winds whipping through the cavern.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Javdak's hand clenches around his cane at Scinathar's words.*

"I have spent most of my life looking for this place! One mojh stood in my way for too long, and I will not have the total rise to two! I desire to use it, to explore it, to feel it, so that I may one day make a site of similar power. Now, remove yourself from my path!" Javdak thunders, his voice somewhat muted by the winds that seemed to support Scinathar's voice. Galen and Connor, as well as Scinathar, feel a thrill of alarm run through their veins at Javdak's words, the witchery power running thought them seeming to warn them against something...

Erekose13

Explorer
"No, such power as this is not meant to be dissected and studied only to be copied. Deepstorm is about the land and it is meant to protect and nurture. The winds seem to agree with me." Scinathar says feeling even more bolstered by the wintery blasts coming from behind him.

*The mojh is certain now that what Sharla and Oram said was true, that Javdak is not to be allowed near Deepstorm. Too much thinking let Scinathar lead the other here, too much trust in their employer and not enough in it's own instincts. A small thought of doubt crept into its mind now, what if it was too late, what if here and now they were too weak to stop Javdak having led him directly to Deepstorm. A cold blast of wind knocked any doubts out of its mind though as the power of the witchery site began coursing through the mojh.*

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis watches the exchange in silence. Never before has he betrayed an employer. Similarly, he's never turned on someone with whom he has fought side-by-side. The implications about control over this site of magical power is beyond his ability to grasp. He finds Javdak's tone, however, to be quite worrisome.

Grathis lets his hand slide casually toward his sling of javelins.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Galen frowns, some to Javdak's words, more to the feeling he had. He walks next to Scinathar, speaking as he does.
"I don't think you should be allowed to enter. It seems to me that you seek Deepstorm for the wrong reasons."

Galen doesn't yet change his tone or demeanor threatening, but he is readying for Javdak to go aggressive.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Javdak's face goes still, masklike, and you can tell the old verrik is very angry.*

"I have worked, sacrificed, and searched for a place like this for over sixty years! It is the responsibility of those who can truly appreciate a place of power to become its stewards. I have the will to weild it, to study it, to use it and explore its power. You do not! You have not sacrificed nearly everything you had to get here! I have! I have given up everything! Deepstorm was meant for me! Now STAND ASIDE!" Javdak roars.

*Yet his words of passion are somewhat dimmed by the howling inside Deepstorm. It is as if Javdak is spitting into the wind, so to speak.*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"I WILL NOT!" Scinathar replies, his voice growing louder seemingly enlarged by the furry of the storm behind him. "Deepstorm itself disagrees with you!" Scinathar finishes, firm in his position. A quick look at Mochor, conveys a lot, If I needed you to stand by me at any time, it would be now my friend.

[ooc: hope I'm not taking too many liberties with Deepstorm, this is fun :)]

Remove ads