• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams [Closing Down]

Erekose13

Explorer
Nac, everything looks good for Telic.

Here are your DM items :)

Hammoud's Cloak: This brown cloak looks plain if even a bit tattered. It was once owned by a famous thief in the Southern cities, who made a name liberating treasure from the vaults of the harrid. He had an uncanny ability to distract guards and potential pursuers. His cloak gained his name long after he had passed on, keeping his legend alive. This cloak allows the user to use distraction. The user can choose to have it affect one target for upto three rounds or upto three targets for one round each per day.
Faint Illusion (phantasm); Caster Level: 3; Craft Constant Item, distraction; Price: 1200gp;

60gp

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay Nac your up. I introed your character sort of. As we have just encountered one new party member, it seemed a little of a stretch to just happen on another. So pardon the gross continuity gap there, but in the interests of getting this back up to speed there you have it.

CJYoung? you still around? have we lost another new player before they even posted.

GPEKO

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
You could maintain continuity by having Sevik be sent to find them with a message, and then have Vand volunteer to return with the answer.

I think this would make more sense. I understand that you want to get this overwith but it's confusing. How should we act with Sevik ? Is he a member of the Order of the Axe or just an employee ?

Don't get me wrong, the game is great fun but stuff like this can strain the suppention of disbelief.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Sevik is still an employee. He just recently arrived from southern parts and is testing the waters to see if he agrees with the Order's ideals. He intends to decide on joining based on what he sees.

Erekose13

Explorer
Righteo, sorry must have been having a bad day yesterday. I have a bit more time this afternoon we'll work on a story way to get Sevik in and Vand out. I like the idea of the message and will think on it further.

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay here is what I got. Vand's past has caught up on him and those who were responsible for his father's death have called him out. Hiring some new foreigner in need of work they found Sevik. Playing on his desire to free those from slavery, a Sibeccai named the Duskwalker approached him. The story that was spun spoke of a man enslaved by his past and unable to move forward with his destiny, as a great freedom fighter. This sibeccai had a letter for this character named Vand and needed it delivered to him right away as it spoke of the murder of that man's father. The Duskwalker agreed to pay Sevik up front for the delivery of the letter with the promise of more.

Sevik began using his skills around town to find this Vand. Recent events lead him to contact the Order of the Axe. He had heard of these so called Knights before on his journey north. They worked against the Giant government to help the humans who according to them went from one form of slavery under the Dramojh to another. Ushered in to speak to a man named Sir Trynn the head of the order in Ao Manasa. Explaining your mission to find Vand, the man nods saying that Vand is in the employ of the Order. After some time spent trying to convince him that he should tell you where Vand is at the moment you find out a number of things about the Order here. They apparently are less confrontational to the government and sometimes even work together to help those less fortunate. In particular recently troubles in the Worm (slums) have brought the two groups closer. It is in that particular thread that you learn where Vand is. He and a group working for the Order have descended into the sewers to locate the source of the troubles plaguing the Worm.

With directions to follow you head into the Worm. It takes time to catch up to them but you travel down into the basement of a building, finding two scrigs (look kinda like a cross between a goblin and a rat) tied up. Heading into the sewers from there you hear the sounds of conversation and head up a few short stairs to find the group described in heated discussion with a captured scrig. There is a loresong faen, a spryte, a mojh and the human you are looking for. Around them are the bodies of two extremely large rats and another scrig.

Hows that one catch you? I think it is much better than the Zap method too. Sorry about that.

Remove ads