[AU] Lost Dreams

Erekose13

Explorer
*Yajarn, the bottleneck looks like it might be a bit tight for you. At only maybe 6 feet high and two feet wide you will have to slid in sideways. In the gloom of the alley you spot two disgusting little creatures that are kicking a man lying on the ground. One of the small creatures turns his little beady eyes towards the sound of your entrance and lets out a sharp whistle. Hunched over, its big green nose is visible above the rags that it wears which barely cover its greasy black fur. Twitching the whiskers below its nose, the creature draws a spiked club and advances towards you. *

*Vand and Malarky you will have to wait until Yajarn is through to try and navigate the narrow passage, unless you want to try something else.*

*Finn, the guard replies, "Hmm, there are a few good ins in Hollum across this bridge. The Bluetooth is a good one, run by Sorel an excellent storyteller. If you head to the base of the cliff and turn left towards the docks itll be the blue building about halfway down on the corner with the light. The Jumping Beetle is a bit more excentric catering to some faen, but those who I know think it a bit odd. That one is just on the other side of the Lower Market. There are some up the hill in Lobrethin if you are looking for something a bit more upscale. Wondering if I could get your name and origin for the book keeping?" The guard finishes, he looks a little proud of himself for providing what he feels is good advice.*

OOC: The three of you are entering combat. I will be rolling everything, but I would like you to post your pertinent combat stats in the Subject. Name, hp, AC, atk, dmg.

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond 3

Looping in the air, the young Greenbond tries to speak loudly and clearly for the man. "Sure thing, Sir Guard! I'm Finn Redtip, from the village of Brightholm." As the man writes down the information, Finn mentions "I think I'll try that place you mentioned. The beetle one. It sounds fun." With a fey chuckle, he attempts a short midair bow, and heads through the gate.

As he flies, he considers his new destination, "I wonder why he thinks this place is odd? Hehee. I hope he is right, I'm ready to see something I've never seen before. At least I think I am."

Abruptly, Finn realizes that he doesn't know where the "Lower Market is", so he swoops down and asks the first Faen or Giant he sees for directions to this place. (+6 diplomacy).

Zhure

First Post
Vand, 25/25 hp, AC 16, +5 to hit (touch), 1d6+5 dmg

Vand waits for his mojh companion to navigate the narrow passageway, moving the glowglobe upwards to better illuminate the small alley.

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, hp13/13, AC 17, atk +4, dmg 1d6+1

Malarky's eyes narrow focusing on the victim as the globe illuminates the area. He moves in right beside the Mojh ready to follow. "Not to worry Sirs, and thank you for your assistance." He looks to the Mojh, "If you can force your way past to the other side I am guessing they will be drawn to you. Perhaps while they are distracted I can try and see to the victim, see the state he is in. And if you will assist friend," turning to Vand and thankful for the light, "We can try and drag him out." With nothing more to say he draws his shortsword and stands ready to follow Yajarn in.

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn hp 31/31, AC 22, atk +8, dam 1d10+5

"Maybe it's tactically wiser to drag them out here." Yajarn says as he draws his sword. He then yells at the approching creature, in draconic:
"Come and taste my might, fool !"
With that, Yajarn calls on the power of his cloak and he surrounds himself with darkness. Cloak of darkness gives 20 % miss chance

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, hp13/13, AC 17, atk +4, dmg 1d6+1

Malarky pauses, "No offense friend, but I dont think that they are going to oblige us and meet us here. I'd just as soon not wait here and give them the opportunity to finish off the poor guy." Apologetically he dashes past Yajarn and towards the narrow entrance, worried that should they wait any longer the assailants may just finish off their victim.

Erekose13

Explorer
Round 1

*Seeing Yajarn hesitate, Malarky rushes into the alley, though the tight bottleneck with ease. Worried for the man lying on the ground he confronts the small creature which moved towards you just second earlier. Its ugly green snout barely reaches Malarky's shoulders. In his eagerness to reach the fallen man, Malarky's shortsword narrowly misses its target, passing over its head.*

*Vand moves his glowglobe further into the alleyway illuminating that which he had not seen before. Two more of the ugly little green blighters are standing a top the garbage and debris just on the other side of the bottleneck. They look startled by the light and the appearance of the faen. They are struggling with their crossbows which were not held at the ready.*

OOC: It is Vand's turn next before the critters, then Yajarn. I will let you post again in reaction to these events.

Combat Map - green:Malarky, red:Yajarn, yellow:Vand, purple:creature 1, indigo: other creatures, light blue:man on the ground.

------------------------

*Finn, you flit towards the nearest giant that you see, spotting one that stands out from the crowd by quite a bit. A little startled by the appearance of a spryte near his head the giant looks at you and says, "Hello there little sir, you look like you are about to ask after something. My name is Captain Sei-Ichi, may I help?" In responce to your question, the massive giant lets out a low rumble, which you take as a slight laugh. "Why little friend, this is the Lower Market, the inn you seek is the bright one across the pavillion there." He says pointing to a building that would be very bright in better light.*

Last edited:

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Human Runethane

Aadin sidesteps the reveler - and stumbles slightly. Catching his balance, he turns to his companions, and says in a slightly embarrassed tone,
"There's a wobbly cobblestone here. Maybe the Stone Troll would be quieter - I'm certainly looking forward to a soft bed, rather than a tall flagon of ale."

OOC: I'm correct in supposing we cannot see the fight, yes?
OOC:
OOC:

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, hp 31/31, AC 22, atk +8 (+4 for using subdual), dam 1d10+5 (subdual)

Yajarn utters a curse in draconic and follows Malarky. Finish off the poor guy ? Who's saying we're here to save him ? He draws his sword as he goes and tries to hit with the flat of his blade one of the creatures standing on the garbage piles.

ooc: maybe we should have 2 threads, one for each group.

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond 3

Finn attempts a flying bow, thanking the nice Giant. "Thank you sir! May the Green keep you safe in your endeavors."

The little spryte then swoops off itoward the Jumping Beetle. "I sure am glad that I don't have to dodge the legs of all those tall people. Flying is the best."

Remove ads