[AU] Rumbling Mountains - OOC (Full)

Fanog

First Post
Argent,
I don't think any of the others will show. I'd like to push this forward, so you just made the team. It's nice to have you, and I'm looking forward to seeing you character. There's already a quickling, but I don't have a problem with two characters of the same race.

Dead_radish,
that 4 is pretty cruel, but it can happen with 4d6. I hope that you'll find him interesting to play with such extreme stats, I'm confident that it will add some character to him. ;)

All,
Things seem to be shaping up quite nicely. It's getting late here, so I won't go over the characters today. Since all of the stuff it new, I'm going to take some time tomorrow to go over them with a fine-toothed comb. I hope that everyone could have their character up some time early next week.

Fanog

DrSpunj

Explorer
Fanog said:
Argent,
I don't think any of the others will show. I'd like to push this forward, so you just made the team. It's nice to have you, and I'm looking forward to seeing you character. There's already a quickling, but I don't have a problem with two characters of the same race.
Glad to have you aboard, Argent! As the other quickling, I'll let you know now that at 3rd level I plan to metamorphose Tanuar into a Spryte, so if you're planning on staying with Quickling we'll still be different. I'm still not sold on taking any Spryte levels, though, but it may happen.

I'll go update the recruitment thread to show you're playing here.

DrSpunj

EDIT: No one will probably spot this, but I'm having the same troubles as GPEKO. I can't get into the first 40-post page of this thread, into the RG thread at all, and I can't get to the "Post Reply" in this thread.

I *am*, strangely enough, able to see the second 40-post page of this thread and edit my post here (obviously). I thought at first it was a cookie issue and deleted all my cookies at home. That didn't do it so I tried again late last night at home, then again here at work this morning.

It's really odd as I can open a whole lot of other threads, like in D&D Rules, but not all of them. It seems like an odd corruption.

Regardless, if it doesn't look like it's fixed in the next day or so I'll email my updated character to Fanog.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
It looks like we could use some more brute force. I'm thinking of making the Quickling a Mojh.
A Mojh champion of Magic sounds interesting.
I'll have him/it up later tonight.
I'll use the 28 points to build it. I'll be sending you the roll for his starting gold asap. (just rolled 120 gold)
And thanks. I was really wanting to get into another one of your games.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Arkanos Done.

Arkanos BlueCrest

1st level Mojh Champion of Magic

Str: 12, Dex: 12, Con: 10, Int: 16, Wis: 12, Cha: 14
BAB: +1 [Melee: +2 /Ranged: +2]
Scimitar attack: AB: +2 Dmg: 1d6+1 /Crit: 18-20/x2
Fort: +3
Ref: +1
Will: +3
AC: 18 (+1 Dex, +1 Natural, +4 Beast scale Armor, +2 medium shield)
Initiative: +1
Move: 20’
Hit Points: 10

Mojh Abilities:
Darkvision 60’
Base Move: 30’

Champion Abilities:
1) Lesser Magic Touch

Languages: Common, Draconic, Giant, Faen, and Verrik.

Skills:
Balance (cc): 1/+4
Forgery (cc): 1/+6
Knowledge Arcana: 2/+5
Know Religion: 2/+5
Knowledge Runes: 2/+7
Spellcraft: 2/+5
Spot: 4/+5
Use Magic Device: 4/+10

Feats:
1) Sensitive (talent)
2) Skill Focus Use Magic Device

Bio:
Greetings human. I see that once again another of your people seem fit to question me about my choice. I am always being asked, “Tell me, why did you choose to stop being a human?” Or “Did it hurt?” Of course it hurt. One does not shed his skin without suffering the pain of rebirth. Why did I stop being a Human and become something far more? I will not go into the full details but let us simply say I had a calling. Just as I am a Champion of Magic so am I called to be a Mojh.
Arkanos walked away from the annoying human and thought to itself. It’s memories drifted back 20 years to the time of his birth (no… it’s birth). He/It was born and raised on a farm outside the safe boarders of (town to be named later) where he would see all the strange and wondrous people but never having contact with them one day he was on the outskirts of his farm checking the fence what a Mojh came running with a pack of wild dogs on it’s tail. The human that was Arkanos saved the Mojh’s life and took it to the farm for aid.
The Mojh named Bluecrest became a fixture on the farm helping when it could and teaching Arkanos all about Runes and Magic. When His Parents died from fever He was left with the farm and no one to help run it but Bluecrest. The Mojh suggested they sell the farm and travel to a gathering that the Mojh hold every decade. The human went along and used much of his money to become a Mojh like his mentor. During the ceremony Arkanos was “called” by the Magics used by the Mojh and became a Champion of magic. It has since left the other Mojh behind in order to find the one It is destined to protect.

Equipment:
Beast Scale Armor 60gp (+5AC/ +4 Max Dex bonus/ -2 Armor Penalty/ 20’ move)
Medium Shield 20gp
Scimitar 15gp (1d6/18-20/x2)
Backpack 2gp
2 belt pouches 2gp
bedroll 1sp
3 scroll cases 3gp
50’ silk rope 10gp
6 days rations 3gp
4gp 9sp left.

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
I've gone over the posted character. You'll find the comments below. Just as a warning, I like details. I hope you don't mind the volume of my comments.

everyone,
A few general remarks about the characters and stats listings.
if you have a truename, would you please list it somewhere? Also, let me know to whom the name is known. Please list you Armor Check Penalty (if you have one) somewhere in the skills section. For those who didn't mention wearing clothers, I'll assume a normal Adventurer's outfit. Please state so if you are wearing something else (or have different sets of clothes, maybe). I'm not too much into micro-management, but for the first few levels, things like this may play a part (even if only out of roleplay considerations).

dead_rasish,
Kabashi seems fine, he seems like the kind of guy you can't help but like despite his 'handicaps'. A few comments about the stats, though.
Weapon Proficiency (Exotic) can only be taken with a BAB of +1. Unfortunately, you don't qualify yet. Also, I couldn't find a reference to Litorian claw attacks. Could you point me somewhere? There's a shortspear in your weapons listing, but it's not on your equipment list. Had you intended to buy one? You seem to have enough cash to spend. Left: 59 gp. 8 sp, 8 cp.
I think your spell DC's should be 12 for 0-level spells, and 13 for 1st-level spells. Did I miss a +1 bonus somewhere?

Erekose13,
Khorat looks nice, there seems to be potential in the curse-Green connection. ;) Xyphon is spelled with an "X" though. It might just be a typo, but I thought I'd point it out. His stats all seem to check out, I've got two minor points though.
Would you please list the caster level next to the Verrik spell-like abilites? And for spells, I think you have 3 slots for 0-level spells, instead of 4 (Base 2 + 1 for high Wisdom). Correct?

DrSpunj,
I think you forgot you racial +1 bonus to Initivative (with +3 Dex for a total of +4). Also, your flatfooted AC is 18, due to Intuitive Sense.
As a request, would you please lists your skills one to a line when transferring to the Rogue's Gallery? There's quite a lot of them, especially the Knowledge skills, and having them below one another makes it easier to spot which ones you have. Did you mean to buy one rank in Kn. (sciences) as well? That would put your skill points spent at 44, the correct amount. I'm guessing this was a copy-paste error. ;)
Your adventurer's kit (first entry in equipment) comes to 5 gp, 4 cp. Backpack and stuff in it amounts to 16 gp, 2 sp, 5 cp. This leaves you with 26 gp, 7 sp, 1 cp.

Argent,
The Mojh looks fine, although there are still some things missing: An entry for your hit points, speed, special abilties (Darkvision, Lesser Magic Touch ability), and an extra feat.
Also, could you put your skills on alphabet, and add the relevant stats for your most used attack (the scimitar)? I'll probably use that stuff often, and would like to be able find it as quick as possible. Thanks.

I'll open up a Rogue's Gallery in a few hours for all of you to post your finalised characters.

Fanog

GPEKO

First Post
Argent said:
It looks like we could use some more brute force.

Brute force ? My character will also take care of that :D. I'll post him later today. I just need to write down the background.

Fanog

First Post
I just created a Character thead in the Rogue's Gallery. Please repost your character there. Thanks.

[AU] Rumbling Mountains - Characters

Argent,
sorry for nitpicking, but the damage for your scimitar is 1d6+1. Also, you forgot to include your first Champion ability. It's quite useful, so you wouldn't want to forget that you had it. ;)

With the four character that are in and the totem warrior, I think all of the primary bases are pretty much covered. Mute, and idea what you'd like to play?

Fanog

Erekose13

Explorer
dont know why, but here at work that comes up as a broken link, same when i navigate to it under rogues gallery. no worries tho, my work computer is finicky will try again tonight at home. re char notes, yup added an extra slot sorry, and its a typo. I didnt have my book on me while i was typing so i went off memory, as usual my memory is apparently lacking :)

dead_radish

Explorer
Re: Edits. Hmmmmm. I really want him to use a Litorian Battle Club. It just seems to make so much sense. So now I'm torn - I may actually give him a different first level (maybe totem warrior, maybe Litorian, maybe Unfettered) to allow that. Or I may just suck it up and deal. ;) I'll figure it out pretty soon. And yeah, the dc's are just off - 12/13. Sorry. The shortspear was just an oversight, and the claw attacks are just unarmed attacks - they'll just be normal subdual damage.

Remove ads