[AU] Rumbling Mountains - OOC (Full)

Fanog

First Post
I'm starting up a new game using the rules from Arcana Unearthed (AU).
The game is currently full, and there's quite a list of alternates already. If you're looking for an AU game, go to this thread. There's a list there for people who are waiting to get in one as well. Sign up for the list, so others can see that you're waiting.

Fanog

The game:
I'd like posting to happen on a regular basis, approximately once every two days. I'm pretty easy on rules, and more then willing to discuss anything special you'd like. (Don't try to beat me or the rules, thought, it won't work.) During play, I will make all neccesary rolls. I usually like to handle all of the game terms 'off-stage'. I'll try to avoid any game terms most of the time, except when strictly necessary. However, because the book is new to everyone, I might make some mistakes now and then. Please correct me whenever anything seems off.
I'm still working on the detail of the story, I'll try to make it at least partly character-based.

The characters:
All characters will start at 1st level. Stats will be rolled, using 4d6 (drop lowest). Use this die roller. (Make sure to let it send the results to me; email adress is in my profile.)
There's a minimum point buy equivalent equal to 28 points. If your stats are lower than that, you can add stat points until the result is the equivalent of 28 point buy. Race is free to choose, please avoid doubling on a class that another character already has. I think that there are enough nice classes to go around, and I'd like to see at least six of them in action. ;) I'd like to see a background for the characters. Character knowing each other beforehand are fine with me. Also, please provide a motivation for being/going on 'adventure'.
(Edit: Starting gold is also rolled. Use the die roller linked to above.)

The books:
Because AU uses almost all new material, having the main book would be very useful. If you can't get the book, you might make do with one of the pdf files. There reprint a section of the book, detailing a few races and classes. Having the campaign setting book (The Diamond Throne) is entirely optional. It's a great read and helps get into the mood of the setting, but everything you need as a character from the book (items etc.) will be provided by me.

The players:
As said, the people who already expressed interest in an earlier AU thread will have a first chance to get in. I'm taking the first six of those players to post in this thread, saying they want to play. If that doesn't fill the game, I'm opening the recruitment to others.

Questions?
Feel free to post 'em here. :)

(For those wondering: 'Rumbling Mountains' is still a working title. ;))

Last edited:

Agent Gray

First Post
I'm definitely interested, and I've already stated my interest in a previous thread.

I have both AU and DT.

I would love to play a human magister, if it's available.

Details upon request!

OurManMute

First Post
Fanog said:
The players:
As said, the people who already expressed interest in an earlier AU thread will have a first chance to get in. I'm taking the first six of those players to post in this thread, saying they want to play. If that doesn't fill the game, I'm opening the recruitment to others.

I'd definitely like to play! Getting my book on friday, so I'm not quite sure of character details. Sibeccai look nice, though...

GPEKO

First Post
Great ! I'll bite. As for my character, I'm leaning toward a greenboud or maybe a totem warrior. Giants seem nice too ... so many new choices :D . Now, if I could just receive my book ...

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Please consider me as an alternate if you gon't get enough players. (I've been keeping out of the TtT threads so I don't take up to many games.)
AU is great an I would lovee to play a Quickling (mage Blade?)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Fanog, if others who aren't in a game already want to get in first, I'm totally cool, but I'm quite interested in playing. Akashic or witch possibly, probably sibaccai for the race.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Color me interested too, Fanog. Like several others, though, I'm already in an AU game, so I'd rather someone who hasn't played to go instead. Hope that made sense :D

Jay

ES2

First Post
you can put me down as an alternate. All the rest should be getting on this first, the more people that can enjoy the game the better.

So many choices...its hard to choose. :D

Fanog

First Post
No lack of alternates, at least. :p

Agent Gray, OurManMute, GPEKO, nice to have you. Have fun creating concepts and a character. :) Please keep me posted on any ideas you might have; That will also help the others make a decision.

Agent Gray, you were first to answer the thread, so the human magister is up for grabs if you want it.

GPEKO, any idea when you'll get the book?

Argent, you're up as first alternate. The others, who already have a game running, will have to wait a bit...

Fanog

Remove ads