• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - OOC

Rybaer

First Post
Totem warrior sounds fine with me for Ritsar. I'm pretty open to using alternate totems as long as they're reasonably balanced against the core ones. If you find one you like, send me a link...or write one up for yourself that's closer to what you have in mind. The sooner you let me know what you want to settle on, the sooner I can start incorporating foreshadowing into the story.

Just a general apology for not posting more frequently on my end. I've been a lot busier lately and don't seem to be able to find the time to post quite as often as I'd like. I'm glad the story is still moving along, even if it is at a more sedate pace.

Gideon

First Post
Lion Totem 1st try

I created the Lion Totem as a possibility. Opinions are welcome.
Lion Totem:
The lion of the plains are often majestic solitary hunters that slowly creep through the grasses to quickly strike at their unwary pray. The totem warrior’s face slowly begins to form a muzzle with slightly sharpened teeth. Male warriors grow long thick manes that encircle their faces.
Hit Dice: d10
Weapon and Armor: Simple and Martial, as well as medium and light armor and
shields.
Additional Class Skills: Sneak (Dex)
Special: +2 to sneak
Animal Companion: Lion from MM pg 274
Totem Powers:
1st Level- Instincts of the Hunter: The totem warrior gains the Alertness

4th Level- Quick Kill:
The lion spirit has taught his servant the ability to strike for the neck. The totem
warrior doubles his threaten range for all attacks for 10minutes/class level. This
ability is usable 1/day and is a move action to activate.

8th Level – Lions Leap: The totem warrior has learned his patron’s ability to Pounce.

12th Level- Shape of the Lion

16th Level- Kingly Voice:
The disciple of the lion learns to bring fear to his enemies with a commanding
roar. This ability stuns all with in 10ft x ½ Class Levels who fail a Will DC of
10+ ½ Class + Con for 1 round. When the lion’s pray move from their paralysis
they are considered shaken for ½ class levels in rounds.

20th Level- Hunter’s Soul:
The totem warrior has embraced the Lion’s grace, strength, and love for the hunt.
The warrior gains a +3 competence bonus to sneak checks as well as a +4 to
Strength for any attacks in which the warrior uses Lions’s Leap.

Explanations:
The Lion is 5 HD (CR 3) which is better than the other animal companions and slightly higher than recommended. However, I chose to not change the animal companion’s stats because the party will be 6th lvl and a 3HD animal would get killed in combat and the 1st level ability is non-combative. The other abilities are well balanced against the other Totems and have a pretty good ‘Lion’ flavor to them.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Hi all, my apologies for the absense. I've had a rough couple of months, including moving homes and losing my internet connection for a long while related to that, unexpectedly. I'm planning to catch up in the next couple of days if you'll still have me!

Gideon

First Post
Like no internet connection is a good excuse or something. ;) Glad to have you back. Ritsar needed someone to insult that could fire back.

Rybaer

First Post
Good to have ya back. I'll be posting an update shortly and will bring your character back up to speed.

As an aside to everyone, I'm going to be moving across the country tomorrow for an extended work assignment. I think I'm supposed to be provided with internet access at my apartment, but I won't know until I get there. I hope all goes smoothly and I'll be able to keep posting through the summer.

Erekose13

Explorer
Heres hoping, good luck with the move. BTW just wanted to let you know that I am having a lot of fun with Ys-Korros and his tormented nightmare.

Rybaer

First Post
Just wanted to make a general apology for slow posting lately.

A couple weeks ago I had my move back from California to Texas. Now I'm working in a new position that involves a lot more of my time and also has a nasty tendency to include some evening teleconferences. Frankly, I miss my old night shift that gave me 3-4 day weekends...at least with respect to the time I had for messageboarding.

In short, I plan to keep this game up and running. Just understand that posting will be even slower than usual while I try to organize my new schedule. Hopefully I'll have time to update again this weekend.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Erekose13

Explorer
No worries at all. Having a slow posting consistent game is nice. Oh I should probably tell you that I will be away from the 20th to th 29th on vacation. I look forward to the update when I get back :)

Remove ads