[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - OOC

Rybaer

First Post
garyh said:

Oh, I realize 25 points is both the standard point buy value and the point value of the default array. Personally, I prefer having the 25 points to having the default array, so I agree, this is more flexible than it could have been. Reapersaurus is just being Reapersaurus. ;)

I wanted to keep the characters in a more "average" range...hence the 25 pt buy. I was never really keen on the standard array, though, as it's a little bit too rigid for my tastes. Hence, my decision. For a first pass with AU's rules, I'd like to avoid overpowering, underpowering, or houseruling anything if I can possibly avoid it. That's the only way to give it a fair shakedown.

rangerjohn

Explorer
From the site I realize that hawk is basically an archer and wolf wilderness tracker, what roles are the others filling? It seems there might be a bit of overlap between bear and wolverine.

Rybaer

First Post
rangerjohn said:
From the site I realize that hawk is basically an archer and wolf wilderness tracker, what roles are the others filling? It seems there might be a bit of overlap between bear and wolverine.

Briefly:

Wolverine - ferocity, speed, visciousness. Gets claws at will at 1st level (1d6 base dmg).

Bear - strength, size. Gets natural armor at 1st level, then str and reach abilities.

Snake - speed. Gets bonus to init, ref, dodge.

Don't have time to go into much more detail right now. I'm sure someone could help you out more with any that sound interesting.

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
I wanted to keep the characters in a more "average" range...hence the 25 pt buy. I was never really keen on the standard array, though, as it's a little bit too rigid for my tastes. Hence, my decision. For a first pass with AU's rules, I'd like to avoid overpowering, underpowering, or houseruling anything if I can possibly avoid it. That's the only way to give it a fair shakedown.

Rybaer, I hope you don't feel attacked or anything and I didn't want open any can of worms here. Just to reiterate my feelings on this, I'll quote from my original post:

mirthcard said:
Also, 28 pt buy is pretty standard, but I haven't seen 25 pt buy before. Not upset with the choice, just wondering why...

Thanks for working with me on not having the books, too. I'm working on my character right now...

Jay

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer,

Looking over the Giant & Greenbond pdfs, I'm wondering if it would be easier for me to just take one level in Giant to begin with and when we level up take Greenbond (or something else) then? I should have the AU book by that point. Let me know what you think...

Jay

garyh

First Post
Rybaer said:

I think that's a good idea, Rybaer, to try the system exactly as written before experimenting. And hey, none of the actual players have said a word of complaint. :)

garyh

First Post
rangerjohn and mirthcard,

If either of you guys have any particular questions about your characters, feel free to ask. I've got the book handy and am happy to help!

Oh, and rangerjohn, what race are you gonna go for? Human, or something else? Do you need some info on the races?

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
ShadowX said:
Can I take WizWyrms place now? Also if I just use equipment from D&D will I mess with the game?

Yup, you're in. I think that puts us at a full cast now.

As for equipment, most of it will cross over between the two systems without too much issue. There are a few things that won't be allowed, though, so please check on specific items. (ie, spiked chain is out)

Rybaer

First Post
mirthcard said:
Rybaer,

Looking over the Giant & Greenbond pdfs, I'm wondering if it would be easier for me to just take one level in Giant to begin with and when we level up take Greenbond (or something else) then? I should have the AU book by that point. Let me know what you think...

Jay

That's actually not a bad idea. Would certainly get around the problems with spells, and I don't think at 1st level it'll make or break your character. Then all you'll have to worry about are a few minor things like your feat selections.

Remove ads