[AU] Stone Bones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Bah! You could easily fake such nonsense. The earth is fine, there is no weakening. I would know it! Give those shards to me, if you dare, and let me test them myself," he snarls, leaning down and extending a bony claw. It's clear he wants Phaern to place them in his claw himself.

Leesea: [sblock]Such control could be dispelled with dispel magic, but the longer someone is controlled, the harder it is to free them. Another way is to use a great shock to let them break their own bonds. Pain, a sudden terrible event, or a massive revelation can do it.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
*Phaern hesitantly flits up to the dragon's claw, shard in hand. Seeing the creature's immense size up close is more than a little daunting. He gingerly places the shard in the claw then flies up quickly so the dragon can't close his hand around Phaern.*

*Once safely away he says, "Test them, you will see the truth that magic cannot obfuscate."

*If the dragon is still uncooperative, Phaern will risk it all and cast dispel magic on the creature's head.*

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea's mind races...

Should I do this? I can't think of anything more foolish...so it might just work.

She will watch and wait while Phaern places the shard in the serpent's claws. If it refuses to test the item on its own, or does anything threatening, she will go forward with her "plan" and grab the business end of one of the corrupted weapons - letting it attack her.

Gideon

First Post
Atlas

Damn. The beast has no reason to trust us over the valorians. There must be a way to convince him of our trustworthyness.

*Atlas stands quiet and grim, towering over the much smaller members of his party. A concerned and thoughtful look is firmly entrenched on his face.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The Shadow Serpent claps his claw shut so fast Phaern feels the wind of it on his skin. It's clear his bones are as solid as stone, and his reflexes are as fast as Phaern's. He examines the shards minutely and a furious expression crosses his face. He looks up at the Company of the Stones, and locks eyes with Kelthet for a minute, a torn look on his face. Leesea springs into action before the Shadow Serpent can do anything rash, taking out a small sword and gritting her teeth as she fights with it. It strikes into her, leaving a small gash, and she drops it before it can do any more harm. The Shadow Serpent lashes out with his tail and brings one of the weapons up for closer inspection. His grip tightens on one as it tries to lash out at him and he dashes the weapon on the floor, crushing it beneath his coils.*

"Why? Why would they betray me? Why did they take the pieces of the Bones?!" he roars, the very earth around him shuddering.

OOC - Leesea take 4 damage.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet steps forward slightly.* "They do not respect the Bones as you and I, and the others do - they see the Bones as a source of power. They would topple the world, that they could own it. The Bones called out to us, brought us here, so we could help you remove this plague." *As he speaks, his greatsword slowly forms in his hand, and he grips it tightly.* "We are here to destroy them, though we did not know until recently that was what was needed." *Out of breath, he steps back to the rest of the party.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"You should probably ask them that question. From what we have observed it is their nature to decieve. We have destroyed the vats where they create these vile weapons, but we believe that there are more working here with you. We would also like to help you do what can be done to repair the Bones." offers Phaern, incredibly thankful that he didn't have to try casting a spell on the dragon ~ it might not have liked that.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The Shadow Serpent roars, the air shuddering around you, and the earth groans in response.*

"The vallorians are MINE! I have failed the task given to me, and it must be I who sets it right. I will destroy the vallorians. You, you were sent by the earth, and you must be the ones to set the Bones to rights!" he growls, flexing his talons against the stone.

Erekose13

Explorer
"And so we shall. We will leave the Vallorians to suffer your vengence." replies Phaern, relieved for many reasons not the least of which is not having to face the Shadow Serpent in combat.

[ooc: do we know yet what needs to be done or where they are?]

Remove ads