[AU] Stone Bones

rangerjohn

Explorer
Corinthi said:
*He glances around impatiently then looks to Atlas,* "On the plus side, should our fate bound companions fail to materialize shortly, you shan't have to pay that messenger the simply obscene fee you offered. We need to have another economic discussion my friend. You sorely overestimate the worth of your lessors. Also, when the pup returns, quietly pass him his fee and keep the coins hidden. Many a ne'er do well would do him for a fraction of that fee."

*He takes another sip of his lager, quietly adding,* "The powers know I've rolled a few men for less. Never a pup though. No sport in it."

*Atlas sighs* "I see I still have much to teach you friend, if you vaule lives above gold." *It is thier age old argument.*

Corinthi

First Post
*Darthallys casts a sidelong glance at the giant,*

"An unforetunate characterization to lay upon me in front of those who've not had a chance to form thier own opinion to be sure."

*He turns his grin upon the others in the group,* "He neglects to mention my good behavior since we began adventuring together. Lest anyone worry, I've neither harmed nor cheated a boon companion. And, I'm willing to take any of you as boon companions, as the fates have dictated."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Corinthi said:
*Darthallys casts a sidelong glance at the giant,*

"An unforetunate characterization to lay upon me in front of those who've not had a chance to form thier own opinion to be sure."

*He turns his grin upon the others in the group,* "He neglects to mention my good behavior since we began adventuring together. Lest anyone worry, I've neither harmed nor cheated a boon companion. And, I'm willing to take any of you as boon companions, as the fates have dictated."

OOC: Hey what do you expect from a champion of LIFE. :)

Rybaer

First Post
*Upon seeing the familiar face of the giant across the room, Leesea flies high above the other patrons and lands gently on the top of their table.*

"Greetings, gentlemen," she says with a smile. "While the circumstances bringing us together have been most unusual, I hope that the ends will not be ill. My name is Leesea Elmsbreath, Akashic of the Pinnacle Society."

*Given the physiological challenge involved in trying to shake hands with those whose hands are larger than her body, Leesea resorts to a simple courtsey.*

rangerjohn said:
"Have you eaten?" He asks Lessea and Kelthet.

*Once everthing is settled, he asks* "do you have a more private place we could discuss the bones.", pointedly of Lessea.

"Yes, I've eaten, thanks," she says to the giant. "In spite of my akashic abilities, I'm not sure I know much more about what's going on than you all are likely to. Kelthet here says that Phaern, the other spryte, is working on some promising leads. I agree that we should reserve further discussion for a later time and more private place.

"I'm not volunteering my residence, mind you. I think you'd fill up most of the place on your own. Perhaps this establishment has a private room?"

*Leesea turns toward Indacalis and gives him a curious look.*

"You I do not recall having seen in the vision," she says. "Are you a companion of one of the others?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The sibeccai messenger popped in a few minutes ago with Leesea and Kelthet, bowed to Leesea and departed. The serving girl quickly arrived with a large platter of batter-fried fish, hot and savory, along with some other (and one smaller) mugs of ale for the tables' new residents.*

*Both Leesea and Kelthet hear a faint echo of the stone voice when they see Indacalis.*

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet is quiet when they enter, as usual. Most of you would at least recognize him from previous adventures, save for Incandalis. He merely nods to the group, content to let Leesea speak. However, when his eyes fall upon the newcomer, after Leesea mentions him, Kelthet looks more alive.*

"You are not in the vision, but they voices sing of you too, though faint. You are tied in this somehow, then." *He looks Incandalis over.* "You follow the green, do you not? Surely you will be tied to this as well."

Jaws

First Post
Wil

Leesea said:
"In spite of my akashic abilities, I'm not sure I know much more about what's going on than you all are likely to. Kelthet here says that Phaern, the other spryte, is working on some promising leads. I agree that we should reserve further discussion for a later time and more private place.

"I'm not volunteering my residence, mind you. I think you'd fill up most of the place on your own. Perhaps this establishment has a private room?"
"Leesea, looking lovely as ever. Your wings truly complement your eyes."
*Wil bows slightly in her direction.*
"I see no reason not to wait for Phaern. What have you been up to? I have some other matters I need your expertise to talk about privately."

*Wil then goes over and shakes Kelthet's hand.*
"Kelthet. Great to see you. Is that a new sword? My. My. It is bigger than you are. Come sit down. Enjoy some ale."
*Wil then introduces everyone. Starting with the giant, then the sibeccai drinking heavily, and finally the other sibeccai.*
"Kelthet; the champion is Atlas, the mage blade is Darthallys the Razor Tongued, and finally Indacalis. We just encountered Indacalis this morning. He says that is it the Spirits of the Earth that have invaded our dreams."

*Wil gets a far away look in his eye. He sits down and starts eating and drinking.*

I need to learn how to do that.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet nods quietly to everyone.* "Darthallys and I worked on the recovery of the ceremony bowl for Sha-Nathor, several years back. I don't know if you remember me. I was one of the hired hands. We...we didn't talk much, but there was one battle that I remember particularly. There was a Sibeccai warrior, wielding the most interesting Khopesh - the hilt was made of pure...." He blinks, and looks around at the group. "I...Sorry. I can go on a bit." *Kelthet sits down quietly at the table, looking at his plate.*

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
*Darthallys grins at Kelthet, more a baring of teeth really, but he means well.*

"Aye, I remember you, Kelthet. Always wondered if that coloration was a natural fluke of birth, or just something you did to intimidate those you battle. As you're keeping it up in a tavern, I'd wager birth, eh? No matter though, still slinging around that oversized cleaver? I remember being vaguely impressed by your skills at bloodletting. What with you, myself, and this portly slab of beef, I'd wager we can keep the more scholarly types in good form, eh?"

*Naturally he cocks a thumb at Atlas as he mentions the 'portly slab of beef'.*

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet looks slightly abash, but grins at the phrase 'big cleaver.'* "I do keep it around still. I find people listen to me a lot more that way. And I think we can keep them alive, sure."

Remove ads