[AU] Stone Bones

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea will draw out her Unerring Stone. Taking heed of Atlas' advice, she will take to the air and maintain as much distance as possible from the chlortheks, firing the stone blast from the Unerring Stone as necessary.

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaern looks at Atlas as he advises caution, "Thanks for the advice, but I prefer to get in there up close and in their face. Never been hit yet, so I doubt these brutes can even touch me. I will wait till everyone is ready and had their fun with ranged attacks though if you like."

Jaws

First Post
Wil

*Wil touches his Amulet of the Spirit Shield [ooc - eldritch armor, so my AC becomes 14]. I activate my crocodile tattoo [ooc - empower rune] and then I concentrate on quickly tracing a Rune of Conjuring upon a bobber. [ooc - conjure energy creature III, a sonic crocodile one this time instead of electricity.] Finally, I cast Resistance upon myself [ooc- all my saves get a +2 for the next 50 minutes]*

"Did you hear the, what did you call them? 'shalortheks'? Did they talk? Do they have a language we might understand? Does anyone have a way to comunicate with them? Or is that pointless?"

Rybaer

First Post
Jaws said:
"Did you hear the, what did you call them? 'shalortheks'? Did they talk? Do they have a language we might understand? Does anyone have a way to comunicate with them? Or is that pointless?"

If Leesea would know this, she will reply accordingly. (Knowledge: dangerous beasts or history +14)

manifold

First Post
Indacalis

Dak looks up from his conversation with Kelthet and sees the rest making ready.

"Oh...time to fight."

Indacallis calls on the spirits of the caverns to clear his vision.

[ooc: plant armor , cast a few rounds earlier, gives him AC 16 for 5 hours. He also casts Lesser Ability Boost , raising his Wisdom to 20 for 50 minutes.

He cocks and loads his crossbow, looks to his companions and says "All right."

[ooc: when they approach the monsters, Indacallis will wait for any negotiations that others may try. If things to awry, he will cast Heightend Seeker and shoot the nearest chorlthek.]

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet too looks up from his concentration on the snail.* "If you know more about him, it would be appreciated. For now, it is my time. If words fail to convince these creatures, then I will do what I do best." He grins happily, and begins his low keening, ritualistically tracing the space around his body, as the air shimmers and condenses around him (ooc: Armor song). He then focuses on the space between his hands, as the iron in the air seems to coalesce into his massive greatsword, which he swings around casually.

He then reaches in to his witchbag, withdrawing a small piece of lizard skin, which he swallows, and a smudge stick, which he traces around his eyes. As he does both of these, his form seems to both harden and blur to sight (ooc: Dim. Cloak of Darkness, Lesser Beastskin. 20% miss chance for 5 mins, +3 natural AC). He twists his ring of Icehammer, to be sure it is present, and pulls the dagger from the shop around to the front, to be certain it is at hand if needed.

So prepared, he grins even wider, scooping up a glob of mud from the ground. "Let us begin." (OOC: Ready to cast mudball when w/i range).

Final stats: 21 AC, 20% miss chance.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Leesea would know that while chlortheks can speak, then generally don't care to. They were made from many different races, created by the dramojh and warped by magical experiments, so some might speak Common while others speak Giant. However, it's not unknown for them to speak with others, if the need is pressing enough.*

*What are you doing?*

[OOC - Initiative (just in case):
Indacalis - 20
Wil - 19
Kelthet - 18
Atlas - 17
Leesea - 16
Phaern - 12
Darthallys - 8
Chlortheks - 6]

Erekose13

Explorer
As Phaern is almost last, he waits to see what his friends are doing. If indiscision reigns then he will lauch himself at the horrid creatures alone, thuroughly enjoying the situation. If however some are more content to launch attacks from range then he will sigh and wait till the creatures come to him.

Rybaer

First Post
"These chlortheks might be able to speak, but it's doubtful it would do any good," Leesea says. "They were created to destroy, and only in destroying things can they find any release. Much as it saddens me, killing them might be the only merciful thing we can do for them."

Leesea will prepare to use her Unerring Stone if/when the combat is begun.

Remove ads