• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[August] What are you reading?

Wycen

Explorer
Up until August 11th I was reading about 17th and 18th century experiments in electricity, Puritans in the Dominion of New England, and Increase Mather's thoughts on the invisible world, witches, and comets.

That was the day my campus library card expired. So the next day I went to the public library and checked out some books on the Scientific Revolution, magic and science, Galileo's cartography of Dante's Hell, and various other historical science sources.

frankthedm

First Post
Unfinished in bold

Halo: Fall of reach
Halo: The Flood
Darren Shan – Demonata 1-3, 4
The Saga of Darren Shan 1, 2, 3
Tommyknockers by Stephen King
Armor by John Steakley
Vampire$ by John Steakley

Dresden Files 1, 2, 3
Guards! Guards! by Perry Pratchett
Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
Berserk Manga vol 30
Bigfoot, Big Trouble: Strange Matter 19 by Marty M. Engle and Johnny Ray Barnes Jr.

Last edited:

G-Man

First Post
Neil Gaiman - Stardust (Started again, i read it everynight before sleeping)
Samual Noah Kramer - Sumerians (can't read everday but looking

and Marcel Proust's Sodomme et Gomorrhe

Derren

Hero
Bold ones still to do.

Naomi Novak (Who was involved in the NWN game Shadows of Undrentide) - Temeraire
-- His Majesty's Dragon
-- Throne of Jade
-- Black Powder War
-- Empire of Ivory
-- Victory of Eagles
-- Tongues of Serpents

Last edited:

ssampier

First Post
Arthur by Stephen R. Lawhead

Taliesin started out great but things changed mid-book. I skipped ahead to book 3, Arthur. It's okay; I am not sure if I'm liking the pseudo-history and myth as much as I thought I would though. I am not sure why.

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide

Riveting. I am still wondering if the hacker did it.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Finished the comic adaptations of George RR Martin's two novellas about the Hedge Knight, Dunk (or Sir Duncan the tall) and his squire Egg. The storytelling and art are pretty great, though both stories have very sharp twists near the end. I hope there's more to come.

Edit: Just learnt there's a third story in the Warriors anthology. Ooh got to check that out!

Morkul

First Post
rereading some olde Irish folktales (the Ulster cycle) for use in a 3E D&D campaign i am building for my daughters. they will be getting their first mission directly from Queen Medb of Connaught...

EricNoah

Adventurer
Audiobook: Baroque Cycle (Neal Stephenson) - I only got through book one in print, hoping the audiobooks will carry me all the way through; so far so good!

Printed book: nothing. Gotta remedy that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads