• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avengers, 1889 [IC]

Jemal

Adventurer
Wolverine, 3HP

Wolverine heads for the next Big Bad, Smashing through Mooks as he goes.

[sblock=ooc]
OK, There hasn't been a new map in a couple rounds, but.. I think I head towards Thunderball. If he's within 120', I'll expend extra Effort to double my movement and charge him *see stats below* Otherwise, I make the below attack upon a random mook that I can charge on my way north towards him.
*NOTE: The attack roll on Invisiblecastle says Vs Wrecker b/c I misread and thought he was within range when I first rolled it. All the modifiers are the same, though.*

*Not using claws if this is a mook*
Still in Rage (+4 Str, +2 fort/will, -2 defense 7 more rounds).
Attack: + 8 (8 base +2 charging +1 master plan +2 Agressive Stance -5 power attack)
Attack Roll: 26!
Damage(Claws): +15 (8 base +2 enhanced str from rage + 5 power attack) *DC 30*
Damage(VsMook): +12 (5 base +2 enhanced str from rage + 5 power attack) *DC 27*
Defense: 8 (Base 16 -4 agressive -2 rage -2 charge)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Justice, 2 Bruised, 4 HP

Justice strains to deflect the incoming metal ball but is unable to do so. It hammers into his chest, but his force field is able to turn the worst of it aside. He straightens up with a small groan and launches his mental assault against Thunderball.

[sblock=ooc] Will save 23
Reroll the deflect for a 9, which becomes a 19. Still not enough. Ouch.
The impossible toughness save vs DC 31, for a 29 as our hero comes through in the clutch with a nat. 20! Justice only takes another bruise! (Oops, just reread rules and it should have been only +8 because of his previous bruise, but the Nat 20 makes that point moot. [/sblock]

Elric

First Post
Captain Britania, 3 HP, Staggered

Captain Britania hits the water and kicks himself to the surface once he recovers from the force of the blow. That's going to hurt for a few days He sees Justice hit by a tremendous blow from Thunderball, which Justice manages to mostly deflect with his force field. He might not be able to do that every time. I've got to stop Thunderball.

Captain Britania kicks his upper body out of the water and throws his shield at Thunderball, aiming right for his head! "Feel my shield, villain!"

[sblock=OOC] I realized that Captain Britania's Regeneration should have kicked in last round and recovered his Bruise while he was stunned. See here.

Power Attack for 5, Attack bonus= 8 base - 5 PA + 1 Master Plan= +4. 1d20+4=7. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1247097. That's not good. HP to reroll that. I roll a 1! Well, a good time for it, I suppose. Total= 15. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1247117. So that hits and does 11 damage to Thunderball.

If Thunderball has been somehow KOd before I get around to acting, I'm throwing the shield at Wrecker instead . Range increment 100 feet, so it shouldn't have any range penalties for either one)[/sblock]

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Ronin, Uninjured, 5 HP

Ronin runs silently across the docks, coming up behind Thunderball. He flinches as he watches Justice take another blow from his ball and chain. Leaping through the air, Ronin unleashes a fury of flying steel at Thunderball's back, but fails his landing and smashes into a crate.

Stupid broken katana....Ronin attacks with his shuriken = 16
Crap. Enough to hit, but not enough to do much damage. Why didn't I power attack. I'm dumb. But nonetheless that's...2 extra damage, right? so DC 20 toughness for Thunderball.
Hopefully I have better luck getting back into the shadows. Stealth = -1. Holy crap. I didn't think that was possible. So Ronin trips and falls and makes lots of noise.

Karl Green

First Post
finishing Round 3

After deflecting the huge thunder ball of evil off his force field, Justice strikes out with his own attack, striking Thunderball a mighty blow...
[Thunderball Toughness save vs. DC25 (-1 bruise) (1d20+10=26), makes it]
...but it simply bonuses off the villain's iron-hard skin!!! "HA, I told you that you could not hurt me imbecile. Your weak mind is only matched by frail body. You have stood against me to long, but NO LONGER"

Shayuri

First Post
Black Widow - Uninjured - 3HP (down to 2)

Still atop the crate, Black Widow turns her head at Thunderball's words and smirks. As her venom sizzles through Pile-Crusher's veins, she calls out to the chain-wielding villain,

"If there is imbecile here, it is you. Each of you fights by himself. But when you fight one Avenger, you fight us all!"

With that, the spider-woman unleashes another toxic blast, this time at Thunderball!

(To hit: 10 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1248220 Not sure if that'll hit, so I'll HP it...to 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1248236 ...which should do the trick since he power attacked for 5...damage is DC 23 plus another DC 23 next turn. Meanwhile, Pile Crusher gets another DC 23 from last turn. :))

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Thor, 1 bruise, 4 HP

Thor smirks. "Your comrades are falling, cur, and soon you shall join them. Even as you stand before me, you grow weaker and weaker. You have no hope of winning, and you won't escape us. You had best surrender while you're still able!"

Not, of course, that he waits for a reply before once more attempting to pound Pile-Crusher into paste, with another swing of mighty Mjolnir.

OOC: Power attacking for full, Thor attempts his usual Strike, and just barely hits (according to Karl's notes at the bottom of the last round's post) with a 10. Good thing Crusher keeps leaving himself open so much—and Shayuri, that means your first attack against him hit, too, so spending the HP isn't necessary.

Redclaw

First Post
Justice, 2 Bruised, 4-->3 HP

Justice, grateful to see his trusted allies joining him in attacking Thunderball, focuses on defense. He expends a small amount of attention trying to distract the villain from the Widow's next attack, but puts most of his focus into pushing that heavy iron ball of course the next time Thunderball throws it.
[sblock=ooc]
Switch array to Force Field 2 (12 APP), Blast 2 (6 APP) and Deflect 10 (40 APP) for a total of 58/60 APP.
Blast used to aid the Widow's next attack, +9 (+8 ranged, +1 Master Plan) for a 15 . Success! The Widow gets +3 to her next attack against Thunderball thanks to my 1 rank in Teamwork.
Finally, deflect against Thunderball at +11 (+10 power level, +1 Master Plan) for a 14 . Ouch. I'll reroll that if Thunderball is still up. This time it comes in as a 19 , but jumps to a 29 thanks to the reroll.
I'll also be ready with a second deflection in case any other bad guy attacks before my next turn. This one is at +9 (original +11 -2 for second attempt) and comes up a 14 . [/sblock]

Remove ads