Avengers, 1889 [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Justice nods at Wolverine's plan, and heads back to the docks. When he arrives he briefly fills Captain Britannia in on the clues they found, and tells him of Wolverine's plan to hide and wait for Wrecker to come back.
Justice then settles down to see what he can make of the coins and the drawing.
[sblock=ooc] Investigate roll 17 [/sblock]

Karl Green

First Post
At the docks, Pile-Crusher thinks for a bit and says to the Black Widow “Well now lov’, I can a run there in just under an hour I would guess now. Pretty little thing like you might need to catch a trail or coach out here, fer it be on the southern coastline. Cold and damp, but there be plenty of ways to stop the chill, I would guess now lov’
[From the doc that Inspector Kastle provide you earlier this morning, Black Widow remembers that Pile-Crusher can run as fast if not faster then a trail, which the latest models can get just over 40MPH]

Justice returns then with the information he has for Captain Britania. Looking at the coins, he thinks he remembers seeing something similar at the British Museum a few months back but he does not remember which area. The drawing seems to be of the British coastline, south of London and the markings appear to be a few miles out to sea in the English Channel.

At the warehouse, Wolverine settles down to hide ...and wait

Shayuri

First Post
"That ought to be enough." Her warm smile turns chilly, and for a moment she eyes him as one might a bug. "You are scum, 'Pile-Crusher.' Enjoy prison."

With that she goes to join Britannia. On hearing Justice's report, she nods.

"Pile-Crusher confirms that the mill was their main hideout. However, there is a lighthouse they stayed in when they first arrived that Wrecker might be heading for. Southern coast, a little less than forty miles away."

Karl Green

First Post
To Captain Britania, the Inspector shakes his head and says “I have not seen anything to out of the ordinary, except that the ship seems to have stopped for four or five hours earlier today in the British Channel before making their way here. Of course that was probably so that they could arrive at night and all, but one might think they would simply have left Mindelo Harbour later and not drawn attention to themselves sitting out at sea for all that time.

Black Widow can also look over the crude map of the southern British coast, but there does not seem to be any lighthouse marked on it. Instead the markings do seem to indicate somewhere off-shore.

Karl Green

First Post
[also I am assuming just a bit here, if you don't agree I will edit, but]

As the Avengers gather around to hand around the crude map, Justice also passes around one of the gold coins found at the woodmill. Thor recognizes it as a coin minted in Asgard, from his fathers own values! [the runes are basically dates and location, in Asgard, where the coin was minted and when. Asgard time and normal Earth time don't really match up, so the date is "some time ago"]

Shayuri

First Post
"Nyet, Inspector," Black Widow says, examining the map.

"They stopped here..." She taps it. "The place is deliberate, not random. There is something there, or was when this ship stopped there. Maybe it's where they got this cargo. Or maybe something else."

"We should check this out. But with the lighthouse, the mill AND this location in the channel, we may be spreading ourselves thin. What do you think, Captain?"

She looks at Captain Britannia.

Elric

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Nyet, Inspector," Black Widow says, examining the map.

"They stopped here..." She taps it. "The place is deliberate, not random. There is something there, or was when this ship stopped there. Maybe it's where they got this cargo. Or maybe something else."

"We should check this out. But with the lighthouse, the mill AND this location in the channel, we may be spreading ourselves thin. What do you think, Captain?"

She looks at Captain Britannia.

"It seems unlikely that the Wrecker will return to the mill, if he has not done so already. It will be difficult to find a boat at this hour but the Gobernador Bories could serve as such a vessel. With the Inspector's permission, perhaps we could take the boat now and head back to the channel- that may persuade any observers that its mission here has been successful and draw them to us.

We may wish to split up and have some of us search for the lighthouse tonight. Or, if that is apt to be too hard in the night-time, we could all board the Gobernador Bories. Justice, perhaps you could go check back with Wolverine?"

(Captain Britania points to his rib and Justice remembers that Captain Britania was hit with a terrific smash by the Wrecker's crowbar and probably needs a little more time before getting back to full activity).

If the Wrecker has not yet appeared, we should probably let the Inspector's men secure the mill and continue to other plans."

(OOC: Has an hour gone by? If not, Captain Britania is still staggered. If so, I made the check to recover from it: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1288982)

Remove ads