Avengers, 1889 [IC]

Karl Green

First Post
Black Widow walks among the handcuffed hooligans, and the two conscious members of the Wrecking Crew, asking them subtle questions to see who is more ready with their information and watching their reactions closely…
Will saves for random thugs vs. DC12 (Black Widow) (1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=20, 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=6), 6 are affect, 4 make their saves. Bull-Smasher is still out, but the other two Men of Renowned, Will save Thunderball and Pile-Crusher vs. DC12 (Black Widow) (1d20+10=15, 1d20+2=3), Thunderball makes it, Pile-Crusher fails. Thunderball’s Intimidate is +12 and so he is not intimidated by Black Widow. Pile-Crusher is very attracted to Black Widow, and so…]
A number of the thugs start blabbering about “We was just hired fer the night ther’ miss! I be single and available!! Don’t rightly know where the cargo was a from, or where it was a gone, we was just told to shows up, and to use these here fancy guns we was. Don’t reckon I remember who did the hiring… smart dressed chap he was. What color were his hair?” etc.

Thunderball sneers at Black Widow and says “Your base attitude means nothing to me, street walker. Away from me!

Pile-Crusher seems far more… interested in talking, and even when Thunderball threatens him, with a ‘sound trashing’ if he says anything, he does volunteer “Well now ther’ miss, we gots ourselves a nice little flat, we dose, not more then a few blocks from it, it is. Right nice it is also, where hardly a rat in sight, lest when ye kept the lights on, that be.

He then straightened up a bit, leaning in to whisper some secret knowledge “Now we was hired by a Mr. Laufeyson. Right smart chap he be, European I would guess. He comes and hires us now and again when he needs some job done right I reckon. Him in the Wrecker be old chaps from somewhere, they is. Anyhow, he tolds us we needed to protect some important shipment of his, and he was are, back in jolly on England. France is nice and all, but to hot for my liking. So we came and then your Avengers there can and ruined that bit of fun, but I am sure we can come up with something else we might want to do… together. An’t never been to Russia before, here is cold there, so ye have to stay under the cover in bed I reckon, am I right?

Jemal

Adventurer
"thrash what?" Wolverine growls, his claws appearing rather suddenly in front of Thunderball in an effort to shut him up. "If ya aint got nothin useful to say, then keep yer tongue from wagging or I'll do it for ya."

He then turns at Justice's words "Cancha see I'm busy, bub?" He growls. Seeing the captain's eyes narrow, he sighs and retracts his claws "Oh fine, whadaya want?" He checks out the sawdust and then sees if he can pick up a trail leading either into the ship or into the city.

[sblock=ooc]
Intimidate VS Thunderball 25 not counting bonus(If any) I may have for claws vs tied up dude. (NOTE: This is probably just for fun, as he can't really do anything tied up.)
Survival check to track: 12 hmm... Apparently not so legendary after all.
[/sblock]

Karl Green

First Post
[Thunderball to resist Intimidation (1d20+12=19)]
Thunderball’s eyes go a bit wide, and he looks like he is almost going to say something more to Black Widow but he then shuts his mouth, shrugs and looks at the ground, trying to be nonchalant while avoiding Wolverine’s gaze.

Sniffing around the pant legs and sawdust found on the Wrecking Crew, Wolverine then sets out towards the north, following their faint trail away from the docks. It takes him longer then he figured, but within 20 minutes or so he finds himself near the Eastern Counties Railway, off Bow Road and a set of large tenement housing projects and a large abandoned wood mill. A very old painted sign reads Fisk Wood Products, but it looks like it closed its doors 10 years ago at least, and has been boarded up heavily. Wolverine is pretty sure this is where the wood dust the Wrecking Crew has on them came from…
[You only need a base DC10 to use Tracking smell, especially as it has been within an hour and most tariff (horse carts and carriages of course) is pretty light at this hour]

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
As Wolverine leaves, Thor comes to stand beside Black Widow and the captives. He moves over to glower at Thunderball and Pile-Crusher. "Giving you any trouble?" he asks the Widow, and he begins slowly walking around the pair, the pieces of armor covering his torso clinking against each other as he moves. "I do hope not. Things will go so much easier for them if they do not resist..."

When he circles back around into their line of sight, he raises Mjolnir, casually resting the head of the hammer on his shoulder. He smiles slightly at Pile-Crusher and eyes the man's battered body. "I believe you know my hammer, Mjolnir, quite well." Then he shifts his gaze to Thunderball, and his smile grows wider. "I don't believe you've been introduced, though." He drops the hammer from his shoulder, letting it swing as he walks around the two men once more. When he gets behind Thunderball, he moves closer, and murmurs, "Unless you'd like to meet the hammer, start talking."

OOC: Oy. Of course, I rolled a bloody 2 for the Intimidate check. At least I get a +16 to the roll, for a total of 18.

Shayuri

First Post
Black Widow shakes her head slightly at Thor, then smiles at Pile-Crusher.

"We have many ways of keeping warm in Russia. Perhaps a demonstration could be arranged...where is your flat?" Then, as if just remembering something, "Oh...and this Laufeyson. You met him in France? Do you recall what he looked like, or if he said anything about what this shipment was for?"

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Thor glances up at Black Widow, eyes narrowing. "Did you say Laufeyson?" He turns his gaze away from the others, and a strange feeling washes over him as information surfaces in his mind--knowledge gained from the papers and tomes he has read for decades, but alongside that a more personal knowledge, as well, vague memories... But how could that be so? I am not truly Thor. I hold a hammer that is dedicated to his name--but this is not the real Mjolnir. Still... I can... almost picture him...

"The son of Laufey is named Loki... a giant, a liar and murderer, a spirit of chaos, and called a god, but undeserving of that title. If this Laufeyson has some connection to Loki..." He turns his eyes to his hammer. "If perhaps he, in some way, is Loki... then we are most unfortunate indeed."

OOC: And, if there's anything else I should or might know, 28 on the Knowledge check.

Karl Green

First Post
[Thunderball and Pile-Crusher Intimidate checks vs. DC18 (Thor) (1d20+12=28, 1d20+6=7)]
Thunderball merely sneers at Thor, while Pile-Crusher is a bit cowed, replying “Here now gov’ner, me and the miss’s here was just havin’ ourselves a nice little chat, we was. Ya beats me fair and square ya did, so no hard a feelings or anything.
Turning back to Black Widow, he smiles again and adds “Now as for what Mister Laufeyson a looked like and all, well… I guess he’s looks like a what them high and mighty gentlemen are a suppose to looks like… uppity and fancy good looks and all…

[Dr. Blake is pretty sure if this fellow is Loki, he is a big threat to Thor as they hate each other a great deal. Anything else you might think of Marvel’s Loki would also apply]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Huh, Fisk? Name sounds dirty." Wolverine grumbles to himself. He considers heading back but decides to check the mill a bit closer first, trying to find a way in or a window he can look through.

Redclaw

First Post
Justice, who followed Wolverine to the wood shop, switches his array over to allow flight. Here you go, Wolverine. That should help you check the place out.

Elric

First Post
Captain Britania doesn't have much to do, as the Avengers started with "bad cop" before he could even come in as "good cop." So he'll wait patiently for the interrogation to conclude. In the meantime he'll mention a few points to Inspector Castle about security for the Queen's birthday parade. (Knowledge: Tactics at +12, taking 10 for a 22).

"You have probably thought of all of this already, my good Inspector, but with so many ruffians about it cannot hurt to be cautious."

Remove ads