• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baba Yaga d20 conversion?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mortis said:
I think 1/day is a little limiting, I would up it, even to the point were it can Plane Shift at will.

Yeah, probably a good idea.

Thoughts on the ability scores and leg sundering?

Shade

Monster Junkie
AC: 22+ (–2 size, +2 Dex, +x natural), touch x, flat-footed x
damage reduction x/adamantine and epic
"immunity to water"
Skills: 4 at 44 ranks
Feats: Snatch (B), (14 total, 7 can be epic)

If a leg catches a victim with a score of 4 or more over the roll needed to hit, the victim's arms are pinned by the claws, and the attacker may be crushed to the ground for 4-40 HP damage (40% chance), or hurled 20-120 feet away for 1d6 damage per 10' thrown (60% chance). Thrown characters must make a saving throw vs. paralysis or be stunned upon impact for 2-12 rounds, unable to move, attack, or defend themselves. Crushed characters will be hurled away in the following melee round.

Let's drop the Snatch feat and try this...

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the Hut must hit a Large or smaller opponent with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to smash or hurl the opponent.

Hurl (Ex): The Hut can hurl a grappled creature as a standard action. A hurled creature travels 2d6 x 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. The victim must also succeed on a DC X Fortitude save or be stunned for 2d6 rounds. The save DC is Strength-based.

Smash (Ex): The Hut may attempt to smash a grappled creature to the ground as a free action. With a successful grapple check, the victim takes 4d10+(Str and 1/2?) bludgeoning damage and is considred pinned. The Hut usually hurls a smashed opponent in the following round.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Any thoughts on my previous post?
Make the legs really tough, DR 15/adamantine and epic

+20 natural armor?

Climb, Jump, Move Silently, Swim?

I like the ability scores from your previous post
Str 40, Dex 14, Con —, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 11

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated in Homebrews.

How about swapping out Move Silently ranks for Perform dance?

Suggested feats:

Combat Expertise, Dodge, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Jump), Epic Skill Focus (Swim), Epic Will, Improved Critical (claw), Legendary Leaper, Mobility, Power Attack, Run, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack

Should we give it all-around vision due to its constant spinning?

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
How about swapping out Move Silently ranks for Perform dance?
No problem with that, I was going for movement based skills and Dance fits. ;)

Suggested feats:

Combat Expertise, Dodge, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Jump), Epic Skill Focus (Swim), Epic Will, Improved Critical (claw), Legendary Leaper, Mobility, Power Attack, Run, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
I like these.

Should we give it all-around vision due to its constant spinning?
Absolutely, and immunity to dizziness effects (if there are any).

Regards
Mortis

Remove ads