• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babies

Xath

Moder-gator
I'm not saying to teleport everytime the baby is hungary. That's what the ringgate is for. It's just if something happened to the ring gate, we have the option of teleporting back.

Laurel

First Post
I thought if Dara was out we were left with bringing a very low level fighting wet-nurse at best along, thus the reason for the second individual to protect the baby and wet nurse discussions. Tara could fill this protector of the nanny position, but so could any number of men.

Overall it still just adds 2 NPCs that are constantly around and doing battle, so two more NPCs for Kennon to play during combat--just one reason I was trying to get a way that involved us only having the baby- no wet-nurse and no extra muscle to protect the nanny.

Xath

Moder-gator
I think the ring-gate is our best bet for feeding. Jaine could even do it in secrecy if she wanted to. The reason it doesn't count towards the Ring Gate's weight is that you can stick body parts through as long as you pull them out through the same side without it counting towards the daily transfer weight. This way we don't have to lug around too many NPCs.

Xath

Moder-gator
But, something else we do need to think about.

We know that Archon's "take the pain" ability is great, but it's not universal. What happens to the baby when we come up against something that does area effects that require will/reflex/fort saves? What if it's something like ability drain?

Also, if the kid has a magical eye like Daddy, babies have tremendously low CON scores. Which means jr wouldn't have to absorb much before she'd be blasting fiery blue light everywhere and taking the full effect of the spells.

I agree that not having a wet nurse would be the best of all possible worlds, but the pump system is not - in the age that we play - possible.

The ring gate thing could work, I suppose. However, we also don't know if Jaine will be feeding her child... as she may be dead or simply not feeding the child that she will keep (many royals and nobels just don't do this - they have more important nation-running things to do that require their attentiong, so they employ wetnurses to do the work for them).

Xath said:
But, something else we do need to think about.

We know that Archon's "take the pain" ability is great, but it's not universal. What happens to the baby when we come up against something that does area effects that require will/reflex/fort saves? What if it's something like ability drain?

Also, if the kid has a magical eye like Daddy, babies have tremendously low CON scores. Which means jr wouldn't have to absorb much before she'd be blasting fiery blue light everywhere and taking the full effect of the spells.
Some of the many things I bought up when pleading with Archonus to not bring the baby into the battlefield...

My largest concern is - if Archonus is forced to choose between the life of his child and the life of a member of the Circle - who will he choose? If it is the child, it will probably be a breaking of the oath.

Xath

Moder-gator
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I agree that not having a wet nurse would be the best of all possible worlds, but the pump system is not - in the age that we play - possible.

The ring gate thing could work, I suppose. However, we also don't know if Jaine will be feeding her child... as she may be dead or simply not feeding the child that she will keep (many royals and nobels just don't do this - they have more important nation-running things to do that require their attentiong, so they employ wetnurses to do the work for them).

Anyone can stick a boob through a circle. It doesn't have to be Jaine. It could just be a regular nursemaid who we hire to feed the baby.

Xath

Moder-gator
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
My largest concern is - if Archonus is forced to choose between the life of his child and the life of a member of the Circle - who will he choose? If it is the child, it will probably be a breaking of the oath.

Not if the member of the circle who was dying didn't feel that way. If it came down to a choice whether Archon had to save Xath or the baby, Xath would prefer that he saved his daughter.

Xath

Moder-gator
I think it depends on the age. Though I doubt infants faced with the prospect of perfect happiness would choose out of duty to come back to a warzone.

Remove ads