• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babies

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
Ok, so do we agree that the ring gate idea is a good one or no?
So far personally this looks the best to me- we have a plan, contingencies, endanger no more then necessary, add no more NPCs in, don't have to worry about who is where and when we can talk about what or for how long, and no sharing our precious XP

-Just kidding on the last one by the way :)-

Also I am remembering a quite a few times when extra NPCs were hanging out close by us in combat always led a discussion of :why can't they this or that, or why wouldn't they this or that, or of course they would this or that... so having no extra NPC's means no chance of this happening

Xath

Moder-gator
Can someone find the ring of sustanance and post it? Is it on the srd?

Edit: Found it

Sustenance: This ring continually provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs only sleep 2 hours per day to gain the benefit of 8 hours of sleep. The ring must be worn for a full week before it begins to work. If it is removed, the owner must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself.

Xath

Moder-gator
Also, it's only 2500gp. So I say we could spend the extra money to have it made for a different slot (and thus no longer a choking hazard).

Like a babyproof bracelet of sustinance. Or Booties of Sustinance.

Xath said:
Also, it's only 2500gp. So I say we could spend the extra money to have it made for a different slot (and thus no longer a choking hazard).

I think this is definately the best plan, so far as magic is concerned - simple, easy, and not too expensive.

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:

Awesome! So we just have to worry for a week and then we are good except for emrgencies.

And Magic things adjust to fit right? So as the baby grows so do the booties (sorry those just sound too cute) :)

Money is not an issue for all this would save and solve.

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
Sustenance: This ring continually provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs only sleep 2 hours per day to gain the benefit of 8 hours of sleep. The ring must be worn for a full week before it begins to work. If it is removed, the owner must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself.
The only thing I would question is the sleep time- not a big deal- but since babies sleep more then 8 hours and never all at once maybe it just reduces the sleep at a rate of 1/4.
So in our case the baby wouldn't be awake for 22 hours with the booties on (or whatever it ends up being made into)

Very minor point I know, and I still love this idea far beyond anything else we came up with and it's more a flavor point! :)

Remove ads