Bard/Cleric build

Baldguy33

First Post
Making a Bard 3 /Cleric 1 Female Half Elf for a home brew starting this Sunday. current stats as I have them lined up are 9 13 13 10 14 14 Making the final 9 14 14 10 14 16 , I know I get heavy armor but I think ill settle for Scale and a shield for now (18)AC, I intend to Heal and Buff/DeBuff and grab Aura of Vitality at level 6 Bard, ive tried many other combinations of numbers but im content with these. Anyone have any other ideas that maybe I overlooked?

Thanks a lot for any replies

Tainted Powers

First Post
[MENTION=6801209]mellored[/MENTION] Wouldn't Warcaster be better so I can haveshield equipped all the time?
Indeed. My aproach to healing is that a dead healer heals no one. So having a shield to stay alive and adv on con saves to maintain buffs/debuffs is definitely a better choice in my opinion.

mellored

Legend
@mellored Wouldn't Warcaster be better so I can have shield equipped all the time?
Yes, equip a shield. But you only need warcaster to use a shield, and a weapon at the same time. Drop the weapon and you have a free hand to cast.

That said, the other benefits (concentration, OA's) are good too. So it's still a contender, but I would only take it if you find yourself in melee or getting interrupted a lot. If you're standing in the back, better to support the guys in front (as well as yourself) with inspiring leader.

mellored

Legend
right don't i need to be holding my focus/instrument to cast spells? Cant hold instrument and shield at same time and cast
You can hold a focus and a shield. If anyone says you need 2 hands to play a drum, point them to Rick Allen. Horns can also be done 1-handed.
Or generally more preferred, keep your hand free and use a material component pouch. This way you can grab other stuff if needed.
For clerics, their shield can be their focus. Though that only helps with cleric spells.

Also, you only need a component pouch/focus for spells with "M".
You need a free hand, or a component pouch/focus for any "S" spells.
And you only need to be able speak with "V" spell.

Most spells have all 3, but notably, Aura of Vitality and vicious mockery only have "V". So you can cast it no matter what you're holding.

Remove ads