• Caltrops.jpg
    Caltrops.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Final Showdown.jpg
    Final Showdown.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 426

Vrecknidj

Explorer
This is quite timely. With the second installments on the horizon, I've gone back to considering grabbing a copy of this and prepping for it. With the extras you've provided, I'm much more likely to grab it this summer.

Thanks.

Dave

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Ah, speaking of extras here are the rooms I enlarged in PDF format.

-DM Jeff

Attachments

• Barrow Maps 1.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Barrow Maps 2.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Rune Room.pdf
    220.3 KB · Views: 221

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
DM_Jeff said:
With that said, "Dungeon Magazine is the best value in gaming today". I don't see that changing anytime soon.

:( How little we knew back then in our innocent days of youth. :(

;)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm running my group of mostly kids through this. They are about 1/4 of the way through in 3 hours. I gave them a hook of one of the character's sisters being missing in the graveyard. I also told that player (the only other grownup in the group) that his character hated the town, and couldn't wait to leave, so we got some actual role playing in for a change. They got very distracted by a side-trek tomb, on the assumption that EVERY room has something of value to them. It took them about 15 minutes to complete the beholder puzzle, with no clues from me (but I did make a copy of the picture, and another so I could cut out the matching tiles - that helped).

I can't decide what to do with the maze, but I have so many FL maps, that I think I'll use one/two of them. I am letting them level up, as they aren't very experienced at the game. If things get too easy, I just let the monsters last a little longer.

meomwt

First Post
Great thread. I've got this module, but haven't done more than skim-read it at present. Sounds like you had a lot of fun running this one.

If I run it, I'll take your advice and drop the maze section!

Wraith Form

Explorer
DM_Jeff said:
Barrow of the Forgotten King Playtest with MAJOR spoilers

To find out the ‘truth’ behind my suspicions on this adventure, I set about to playtest it myself.
Wow. I mean...just...

WOW! What a great post! I have to admit that even after I posted some ho-hum comments earlier, I also went back and decided that I'd likely include this adventure in my campaign. Reading your impressions and opinions has really helped change my attitude about this adventure, though!

Thank you, and thanks to your players, for providing a very detailed and extremely well-thought-out blow-by-blow of your playtest! Very nice, very enjoyable read. Cheers, and my gratitude!

Frostmarrow

First Post
DM_Jeff said:
Ah, speaking of extras here are the rooms I enlarged in PDF format.

-DM Jeff

It just blows my mind that Wizards don't provide this kind of service for all modules. And fitted to page too. Amazing! :)

Remove ads