Barrow of the Forgotten Story Hour - Complete! 8/13/08

High Cleric

First Post
The Barrow King adventures

I recall that run with more pain, maybe it was me but I thought I was out of it for a good portion of the night. I promise never to mock hobgoblins again, although I will have arrowheads sharpened for the next game.....
Very well written. Bootsy, in particlular, rubs his hands feverishly all the time LOL.

Abciximab

Explorer
High Cleric said:
I recall that run with more pain, maybe it was me but I thought I was out of it for a good portion of the night. I promise never to mock hobgoblins again, although I will have arrowheads sharpened for the next game.....
Very well written. Bootsy, in particlular, rubs his hands feverishly all the time LOL.

Well, these weren't exactly Hobgoblins, so you can continue to mock them if you so choose, unless you mean goblinoid races in general.
I want to say you were down for a total of 3 rounds, the last round being the non-combat round everyone was trying to save you at -9.
Bootsy's 2 crits in a row with a crossbow certainly helped bring that combat to an end.

Peteinmaine

First Post
Bootsy

Abciximab said:
Well, these weren't exactly Hobgoblins, so you can continue to mock them if you so choose, unless you mean goblinoid races in general.
I want to say you were down for a total of 3 rounds, the last round being the non-combat round everyone was trying to save you at -9.
Bootsy's 2 crits in a row with a crossbow certainly helped bring that combat to an end.

Ahhh yes, Bootsy in his sorcerous wisdom has chosen to advance even further in the spontaneous arcane arts, and as such was able to learn a new spell, spraying forth a blasting cone of fire when he rubs his burning hands together....Bootsy has also learned how to better hit things that are less than 30 feet away with his crossbow, and purchased a fistful (only ten really bootsy has small fists) of superbly crafted bolts for his favorite toy.

Abciximab

Explorer
Peteinmaine said:
Ahhh yes, Bootsy in his sorcerous wisdom has chosen to advance even further in the spontaneous arcane arts, and as such was able to learn a new spell, spraying forth a blasting cone of fire when he rubs his burning hands together....Bootsy has also learned how to better hit things that are less than 30 feet away with his crossbow, and purchased a fistful (only ten really bootsy has small fists) of superbly crafted bolts for his favorite toy.

Geat! I'm sure your companions (in their armor, pitted from splashing acid) will be thrilled to hear you've learned a spell with an area of effect!
Bootsy loves his x-bow. ("Magic Missile? Bah, this is worth any two magic missiles!" As he lovingly polishes his heavy crossbow.)

Peteinmaine

First Post
Bootsy's battlecry

Abciximab said:
Geat! I'm sure your companions (in their armor, pitted from splashing acid) will be thrilled to hear you've learned a spell with an area of effect!
Bootsy loves his x-bow. ("Magic Missile? Bah, this is worth any two magic missiles!" As he lovingly polishes his heavy crossbow.)

Everyone Duck!!!!! (picture the lucky charm leprechaun hurling something)

High Cleric

First Post
Backstory for Celtir

I had this rolling aorund in my noggin for a day or two...

Softly, the elf made his way through the forest overlooking the burned remains of the cabin. Smoke still drifted upward although no fires were now apparent in the husk of the ruined home. His nose picked up the scent of burned flesh and he stepped from the trees, his bow drawn tight. He saw a few crows waiting patiently in the high pines then his eye was drawn to some movement near the corner of the building. He heard a soft crying and lowered his bow as he strode to the form lying in the ashy mud.
The body appeared human or elven from its size but was crumpled in a heap and shaking. As he reached out to touch the shoulder, it jerked and cried out in a woman’s voice. He whispered soothing words that summoned the power of his god, Solonor, and calmed the woman. Turning her over, he realized there was little he could do for her. A large wound stretched from should to chest, and her life blood was leeching from her even as he watched.
“Gobliss,” she whispered hoarsely, “Mir….”
Her voiced trailed away as she died.
Sighing, he looked around and saw a smaller form, also crumpled and not moving a few feet away. Arrows, crudely designed, but obviously too efficient, protruded from the child’s back.
Gritting his teeth, the elf, a low ranking member of the Hawkeyes, or priests of Solonor, collected the woman and her daughter and covered them with his cloak. The remains of a human male were found hacked apart inside the border of pines, a bloody woodsman axe lay nearby with four goblin carcasses strewn about. At least he took some with him, Celtir thought.
The priest shook his head, and brought the man alongside his wife and child. He proceeded to bury them with a shovel he found in the wreckage of their home. A couple more goblin bodies were inside the cabin. At the edge of the cabin’s clearing, he was just finishing his prayer to the woodland gods when he heard the snarl behind him and a titter accompany it.
His holy symbol, a part of his long bow, had never left his hand. With a fluid motion he swept an arrow from his quiver on the ground, and let fly an arrow. He took a goblin rider high on the forehead and it fell from the back of the wolfish creature it was riding. Celtir suspected it was glancing blow off the helmet but he didn’t wait. Another arrow sped toward the wolf, which was charging him. It took the hit in the shoulder and stumbled as the priest fired a third shot. This hit the wolf in the ribs and it slumped, whining.
“By the Damned Branch, will you die,” he hissed as he released another arrow, ending the beast’s suffering. The crack of branches brought him up and he noticed the goblin rider was running into the forest crying out loud. Answering cries came to Celtir’s ears, too many to be a fair fight. Just the way goblins like it.
Glancing back at the mounds and hoping they would remain intact, he slipped into the forest, continuing on toward Kingsholm.

Peteinmaine

First Post
Bootsy's tale

"No, a giant gnome you say? I've ne'r heard o' tha likes o' tha'!" Bootsy answered the barkeep solemnly and with a genuinely interested look on his ruddy face. He stood on a bar stool finishing his ale and knowing it was time to move further out. He'd always lived on the outskirts of town, maybe Kingsholm would be the place to settle down you can't get much farther away than that.

"Yeah, I thought the one eyed man had lost it when he told me he came home to find his wife in bed with a six foot tall gnome, who'd then proceeded to shoot out his eye and run away." The barkeep said. "Sounds to me like the poor guy must've lost it."

Bootsy nodded his agreement. The damn blacksmith was persistent normally once he made it out of town the husbands stopped looking. Oh well it was probably for the best, even with the discount Grand Wizard Enzyte gave him the enlarge potions could be expensive, and eventually the novelty of bedding down with a giant gnome wears thin, she would've gone back to her husband in another few days anyway!!! Bootsy finished his ale and turned to hop off his stool when their eyes met.

"YOU!!!" The blacksmith yelled, Bootsy realizing the jig was up hastilly blurted out a summoning spell, however in his drunken state the angry dog he meant to cause a distraction became a screeching monkey. Still he had to make due with what he had as he hopped onto the bar and ran across it deftly hopping out the open window at the end.

"Get it off my head!!" The blacksmith could be heard shouting as bootsy ran down the street as fast as his short legs could take him. Ahead a merchant heading towards Kingsholm was just climbing into the driver's seat of his cart.

"You there!" Bootsy called out. "Five gold for a ride to Kingsholm!" The merchant nodded at the gnome and Bootsy ambled up the wheel and into the back of the cart. "If the crazy guy with the patch comes this way I'm not here!!" Bootsy exclaimed as he nestled in between two crates and settled in for the ride. Behind him the commotion in the bar had drawn a crowd and the angry one-eyed blacksmith was wiping monkey crap out of his hair and stumbling about crying vengeance, the cart pulled away and the merchant snickered as he goaded his horse on out of town, five gold was five gold!

"Hey?" Bootsy asked as the din of town faded away, "how much you getting a bottle for this acid, and how long a ride is it to Kingholm?"

Last edited:

Abciximab

Explorer
Weirds, Lycanthropes and Undead Minions. (Oh my!) Part 1

Bootsy – 3rd level Gnome Sorcerer
Celtir – 3rd level Elven Cleric
Frankie – 3rd level Dwarven Barbarian
Wencis – 2nd level Aasimar Incarnate

“More undead!” Celtir cried out, boldly stepping toward the dark pit and presenting his holy symbol.

“Very :):):):)ing funny,” grumbled Bootsy, as he wearily pulled himself out of the hole. Bootsy and Wencis had done their best to clean up, but there was only so much that could be done without proper facilities.

Together again, the companions made a quick search of the area, finding a chest with some rather nice armor and, more importantly, a rain barrel, which Bootsy and Wencis put to good use. The others packed up their loot in preparation for the trip back to Kingsholm.

Frankie looked back at the two washing at the barrel, “Now you only look half dead and half drowned.”

“I think half dead and half drowned makes you all dead,” Wencis commented.

Once they reached town, they couldn’t help but notice the villagers quickly pulling their children away and crossing to the opposite side of the street as they made their way back to the Coronet and Cabbage. Upon entering the inn, all conversation stopped and all eyes were upon the companions.

Bootsy spread his arms, to let the patrons see his blood stained robes and said, “This is what happens when you piss off the gnome.” He then looked to the innkeeper, “Two baths if you would… and is there any chance we could get some clean clothes sent up?” The shocked expression never left the innkeepers face as he slowly nodded.

Celtir chimed in, “You might as well make it four baths. We’ve all had a hard morning.” After they had gone upstairs, the conversation in the common room started up once more with twice the enthusiasm.

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting cleaned and healed. When they all felt presentable again, they finally made their way back to the common room. The crowd seemed even larger then it had been and the companions couldn’t help but feel the looks they were receiving were… expectant. Ignoring the looks and seeing no free tables, the party decided now was a good time to unload some of the goods they had salvaged.

“Could you pick up some masterwork bolts for me crossbow when you go to sell the swag?” asked Bootsy.

“You’re not coming with us?” asked Wencis.

“Nah, got some stuff to do, magic stuff, you would nay understand.”

“Well, don’t cause more damage then we can afford,” Celtir answered.

Small flames were already dancing across Bootsy’s fingers as he started back up the stairs. “Don’t you worry too much lad,” he said to no one in particular, “They haven’t removed the bathwater yet.”

A short time later, the barkeep sniffed the air. “Sara,” he called to one of the serving girls, “Could you check the kitchen? I think the suppers burning.”

----------​

Early the next morning they were ready to strike out once again at the evils infesting the Barrow. Another uneventful trek to the graveyard, a short time climbing down the hole and the companions once again found themselves back in the hexagonal room. The only obvious path was a set of double doors on the western wall. Celtir stepped up and opened the doors. Beyond was a short hall, devoid of any furniture or feature except for two doors on the western wall. Stepping forward once again, Celtir pulled on the northern door. It didn’t budge.

Frankie, flexing his muscles and smiling, stepped up, “Here, let me give it a try.” Once again, the door did not budge.

Wencis stepped forward, “Having a little trouble?” He gave the door a quick tug, “Let’s try the other one.”

Together, Frankie and Celtir tried one more time to open the northern door but the door still would not open.

As they were moving to try the southern door, Bootsy ran to the front. “Here, let a real man open this door,” he said as he moved to the northern door. Grabbing the handle, he braced against the wall next to the door with one leg and gave a mighty tug. “Aye, that door ain’t openin’ for no one.” Celtir stepped up to the southern door.

Beyond was a short hall, with a ladder that descended to the south. The corridor seemed to continue to the west at the bottom of the ladder. Once the companions had climbed down, they found themselves standing in a room divided by swiftly running water. Across the water they could see steep stairs that lead up to a balcony and a closed stone door. On either side of the channel there were four statues of soldiers with shields at their feet, swords raised in salute. Two of the statues on the near side had been smashed and near the rubble lay two dead goblinoids. A narrow bridge connected the two sides of the room. Wencis went to investigate the bodies as Celtir checked the rubble of the statues. As Wencis rifled through the belongings, he noticed the blackened and swollen skin of the creatures and interrupted Celtir’s search of the rubble. “What do you make of this?”

Celtir stepped over to the bodies and knelt to inspect them. “Cold. Frostbite and hypothermia I suspect.”

Looking at the equipment looted from the bodies Frankie noted, “All their stuff seems to be here, even some potions. Either this is the last of them, or their friends left in a hurry.”

Wencis had stepped back from the bodies, bringing him close to the bridge. All the companions heard a quiet sound, as if something was moving through the water. Looking back at the channel they saw that a serpent of water had risen from the channel near the bridge.

“Well, that’s a little weird,” said Frankie.

“More intruders. Be gone from here defilers or pay the price of your folly as have those before you!” the Serpent commanded. “Go back the way you have come, leave the dead in peace!”

Bootsy was wondering how well fire might work against water creatures and Frankie was reaching for his axe when Celtir stepped forward. “Greetings noble guardian. We are seeking the defilers of this place of rest, so that they may be eliminated and peace can be returned to the dead.”

The serpent, apparently flattered by Celtir’s polite address, rose a little higher from the water for a moment, “Those you seek have gone through the door to the north. Go forth and destroy those who have defiled this place. Good luck on your quest.” With these words the serpent slipped beneath the water once again.

The others watched the scene with shocked expressions. “We’re talkin’ to monsters now are we? What is this world coming to?” Bootsy mumbled as they all started across the bridge.

Celtir just smiled, “A little diplomacy can go a long way.”

Bootsy gave a short laugh, “So can a crossbow bolt.”

Beyond the door Celtir found a passage that angled away to the northwest. Four statues stood along the eastern wall before four vaults, a female mage with a staff held high, a dwarf brandishing a symbol of Moradin and two elves, which looked almost identical. One held a bow, the other a rapier and a dagger. Across the hall from the statues, there was a stone door. At the far end of the hall stood another door, two polished black statues of warriors on either side of it, their halberd crossed over the door. As the others moved to inspect the statues along the eastern wall, Wencis moved to the door across from the statues. “Let’s see where this goes,” he said as he pulled it open. Beyond the door, two short sets of stairs led down to the south and appeared to lead to a small room.

Frankie took the lead and moved cautiously down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs he found himself in a small, clean chamber and the statue of a robed man holding a book open in front of him. There was a flat stone door just before it on the south wall. Behind him he heard Wencis, “It’s always good to check and see if there is anything written in books held by statues.” Frankie thought this sounded reasonable and stepped forward to allow Wencis into the room to inspect the statue. The moment he stepped into the room, a rat-like humanoid that was hidden in a dark corner lashed out with a rapier, piercing Frankie in the arm. Momentarily stunned by this unexpected attack, Frankie was caught off guard by another attack from the creature. He moved his axe to try to knock away the thin blade, but realized too late that this was a ruse to put him out of position to defend from the real strike that pierced his left shoulder.

Frankie reacted quickly. Seeing the tight quarters here, he turned, grabbed Wencis and pulled him along, back up the stairs to the hall up above. Bootsy, hearing the ruckus on the stairs and footfalls approaching, readied his crossbow.

Once they reached the top with the creature close behind, Bootsy let fly his bolt which sailed past the creature. Frustrated by his missed shot he started to reload. Celtir’s shot with his bow also went wide of its mark, striking the wall next to the beast. The creature struck again with its rapier, piercing Frankie in the back. Blood seeping from his wounds, Frankie brought his axe around full circle, the blade slicing through the creature’s abdomen almost completely eviscerating it. The shocked creature brought his free hand across his belly in an attempt to hold in his entrails. Bootsy and Celtir again missed with their shots and it was Wencis’ Soul Spark that finally brought the combat to an end. The energy from its attack struck the creature in the head. His blade slipped from his grasp and he fell to the floor.

As they watched, the rat-like creature’s features began to twist and change before their eyes, until they saw it was a hobgoblin that lay on the floor, dead.

Celtir and Wencis knelt to examine the body. “Were-rat,” said Celtir. “Good thing no one was bitten.”

Gathering the creature's equipment, Celtir held up a key, “I wonder what this goes to? Better keep it somewhere safe.”

After the body was thoroughly looted, Wencis and Frankie again returned to the small room at the bottom of the stars. Wencis stepped up to check the book. The page seemed to swim before his eyes then clearly read –

Two as one can win the day,
The one with two shows the way,
Brave the blade and break the seal,
Twist the knife it will reveal.

“A poem worthy of the great bard E.G. Gygax,” Wencis stated with a smile. Turning to Frankie he asked, “Didn’t one of the elves upstairs have two blades? A dagger and a rapier, right?”

“I think so,” Frankie answered. “I’ll go check.”

As Frankie went back upstairs, Wencis called to him, “If it does, try twisting the dagger.”

Sure enough, one of the Elven twins held two blades. Frankie stepped up to the statue and twisted the dagger. It rotated easily and a grinding sound was heard from the bottom of the stairs. Wencis called up to his companions, “The vault door has opened!”

Frankie came back down as Wencis stepped toward the sarcophagus that was within the vault. “I may need some help with this, these things can be pretty heavy,” he said. Surprisingly, the lid pivoted easily and Wencis peered in. He smiled as he pulled the items from the sarcophagus. Each was an exquisitely crafted item, a finely woven tabard, a masterwork rapier and quiver and a set of leather bracers. There was also a rolled up scroll with the items.

The others quickly came down and Celtir cast Detect Magic. “They are all magical, except the scroll.” Bootsy’s face fell. He had been grinning and reaching for the scroll with high hopes.

“A non-magical scroll? Whoever heard of such a thing,” he grumbled as he unrolled it. “It’s Draconic,” he said looking at the writing. “‘We who rest still long to serve. If you seek the same, take our goods and be blessed. If greed moved this stone and not a true heart, may our curse find you ere we awake.’ Hmm, a little from column A, a little from column B. I wonder where that leaves us.” He looked at the others and shrugged. “I think we technically qualify as ‘The Good Guys.’”

The others nodded their agreement. Celtir put on the tabard and the quiver, Bootsy put on the bracers and, at the suggestion of the others, Frankie took the rapier, though he couldn’t quite comprehend why anyone would wield such a dainty weapon. Celtir reassured him, “It’ll be good to have, you know, just in case your axe is hitting a creature but doesn’t seem to be doing any damage.” Frankie wasn’t sure what Celtir was getting at, but nodded his head and took the blade anyway. “If you really decide you don’t want it, I’ll get it from you later,” Celtir added.

After the new-found equipment was stowed, they moved up to the northern door. Celtir tried the door. “I think it’s stuck. Frankie, give me a hand here.”

“Maybe there’s a secret release or something,” said Wencis stepping forward to examine the area around the door.

“Maybe it’s locked and the key we found on rat-boy will open it,” said Bootsy.

The others stopped in their tracks. “Um. Yeah, I’d forgotten about that,” Celtir said, his face turning a little red. “Now that you mention it, it does seem to just be locked.”

Last edited:

Abciximab

Explorer
Weirds, Lycanthropes and Undead Minions. (Oh my!) Part 2

Unlocking the door and ducking under the halberds, the companions moved on. The open door revealed a hall that seemed to go both east and west a short distance before turning north at each end. Bootsy and Frankie went west while the other two went east. “There’s a ladder going down here,” Bootsy called to the others.

“Same here,” Wencis called back. “There are also some statues of human warriors and a Minotaur standing in front of some looted vaults.”

Bootsy and Frankie went down on one side while Wencis and Celtir went down the other. Wencis was about to join Celtir in examining the statues when he heard muttering coming from down the hall and around the corner to the west. At the same time Bootsy heard it as well, coming from down the hall and around the corner to the east of where they were. “Spellcasting,” he whispered to Frankie, “Or your mothers a gnome.”

“But my mothers a dwarf,” the literal minded Dwarf whispered back.

“That’s what I mean, it’s someone casting a spell,” answered Bootsy. Seeing Frankie’s confused look, Bootsy just shook his head and motioned him forward.

“There it is again,” whispered Celtir, “More casting.”

On both sides, the companions moved slowly down the hall, stopping to listen from time to time. When they reached the end of the hall, Bootsy pulled out one of the bottles from his bandoleer that was loaded with vials. He looked to Frankie with a smile and Frankie knew that Bootsy had one of those ideas. Bootsy poured the oil on the floor at the end of the corridor.

Meanwhile Wencis and Celtir snuck down the short hall at the end of the corridor that joined the eastern passage to the west. A broken door stood to the north, a ladder there descended into darkness. They moved toward an opening in the western part of the wall. Peeking around the corner Celtir saw a room full of animated skeletons. One of them, towering above the rest, was made from the bones of a Minotaur. At the back, behind a fountain carved in the shape of a golden dragon, was a hobgoblin in breastplate armor that had obviously been waiting for someone to come around the corner. The Hobgoblin quickly cast a spell and magical fear filled Celtir’s heart. He turned and ran to the end of the corridor and hid in the corner of the largest vault, cursing all the while.

The four human skeletons ran out and swarmed around Wencis and his Souls Spark in the eastern part of the corridor. His armor deflected most of the attacks as they slashed at him with their boney hands. The Spark, however, was slashed multiple times by the skeletons around it. The two of them lashed back at the skeletons, destroying one of them. Bootsy threw another vial of oil into the corner of the corridor for good measure.

Frankie finally stepped out, slashing at the large skeleton that was now standing at the entrance to the room, his axe chipping away at the creatures legs. A dog appeared next to him as Bootsy summoned some help. The dog nipped at the feet of the skeletal Minotaur, but was unable to bite the creature.

The large skeleton slashed at the dog with his claw-like hands. Almost torn completely apart by the skeletal claws, the dog disappeared back to its home plane. Suddenly, a disembodied flail appeared next to Frankie and struck him on his left side.

Bootsy stepped around the corner, a fan of flames leaping from his fingertips, burning at the lower half of the skeleton. The hobgoblin cast another spell, this time Bootsy felt a wave of doom crash over his shoulders, but was able to shrug off the feeling just as quickly. His fingers still smoking, he used just one to gesture back at the hobgoblin.

Wencis and his Soul Spark dropped two more of the skeletons. Celtir, finally able to overcome the magical fear that had compelled him to flee, came running out of the vault, eager to make up for lost time. Stopping by Wencis and his Soul Spark he cast a quick spell, touching himself and others quickly, he explained, “The undead can no longer see us, we can move among them so long as you do not make any contact with them. Let us try to deal directly with the one that has created these abominations.”

With only Bootsy and Frankie visible to the undead, the last remaining human skeleton started to move back to the other end of the hall. Bootsy moved away from them, being careful not to slip on the oil he had poured all over this area.

Both skeletons, big and small, lashed at Frankie, their claws digging deep into his flesh. Anger flashing in his eyes, Frankie slashed at the large skeleton again, chipping away at the bone a little more. Bootsy cast, summoning another dog to appear next to the cleric that had moved up to strike at Frankie. Celtir and Wencis wound their way through the remaining undead, taking up positions to strike at the evil cleric. Celtir struck from a distance using his bow, Wencis closed to melee with the hobgoblin.

The dark flail struck Frankie once more then disappeared. Both skeletons also struck at Frankie, their claws raking over his flesh. Frankie had had quite enough. He raised his great axe above his head, and fell over backwards, unconscious.

Seeing the human skeleton looking in his direction, Bootsy ran around the corner and readied his spell, eager to spring his oil trap. The skeleton followed him closely, cutting the corner and avoiding the oil. “Son if a bitch!” He exclaimed as he cast forth a sheet of flames, igniting the oil behind the skeleton. “Of all the mindless undead out there, I get the one that cuts corners!” The face full of flames seemed to confuse the skeleton and it stopped where it was, as if momentarily disoriented.

Celtir, Wencis and the Soul Spark unloaded on the evil cleric with everything they had. Unfortunately luck was not with them. Every shot, every swing seemed to miss. Those that landed were mere scratches. The cleric was wearing them down and the skeletal Minotaur had come around the room in an attempt to defend the evil cleric.

Bootsy finished off his skeletal adversary with a crossbow bolt to the skull, the skeleton crashed to the floor in pieces. Reloading, he came around the corner and fired a bolt into the melee but the shot missed all combatants. The Minotaur skeleton tried to move through the space occupied by Wencis and, realizing something was there, slashed at him. The creature was confounded by not being able to see him directly, but was able to land a single blow. Celtir moved back and poured a potion into Frankie in hopes of bringing him around. Though his bleeding slowed, he did not regain consciousness.

The combined attacks against the evil cleric were finally starting to show. Blood streamed from numerous wounds and he seemed to be weakening. Bootsy drew a bead on him and caught him in the shoulder with a bolt. With the Hobgoblin distracted by the pain, the Soul Spark was able to strike the cleric with its energy attack. Fortune was starting to turn.

Celtir mumbled a prayer to heal more of Frankie’s injuries, finally rousing him. Frankie drank another potion, and then got angry. Really angry. Frothing at the mouth and spitting blood, he ran forward to avenge the injuries he had suffered at the hands of the cleric and his giant undead creature. Venting his rage, his axe sliced deep into the clerics shoulder. The Hobgoblin looked at Frankie in momentary disbelief and then fell to the floor.

All eyes turned toward the undead Minotaur. Bootsy and Celtir launched their missiles, the bolt and arrow both glancing off the bones of the creature. Wencis and the Soul Spark struck it as well, both cracking bones with their attacks. The skeleton slashed at the Spark, ripping away at its essence. The bonds that tied it to this plane broken, it slowly dissipated. Frankie turned, his rage still burning, and struck the skeleton a mighty blow with his axe. The bones crashed to the ground, the Minotaur was finally at peace once more.

The exhausted companions looked around at each other, barely able to believe the long battle was finally over. Looking at the dead cleric, Bootsy simply said, “Well… Let’s see what he’s got.”

----------​

Looking at the piece of paper looted from the cleric, Bootsy said, with more then a little sarcasm, “A draft for 500 gold coins from the temple of the Scourge of Battle. Great, if we ever come across one, we’re rich.”

Collecting up the rest of the equipment from the dead cleric, Celtir cast one of his few remaining spells to see if there was any magic. “His weapon and the potion.” He was just about to suggest returning to the town when he noticed something else. “The fountain.” Everyone looked from him to the fountain, then back to him once more with a confused look on their faces. “It’s magical.”

“Yes, it’s lovely,” said Bootsy. “Can we go now?”

End of Session 3

Last edited:

Remove ads