Bastion's campaign sketches/art and REQUESTs

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Hey Bastion - Awesome, awesome work! I was wondering if maybe you could take a crack at this guy:

Valek Tharesain - Arcana Evolved character

Valek is a male Litorian that has become a 4th level evolved Litorian

Vlaek stands at seven feet tall. He is skilled in the use of a Maul. He wears simple clothes and the color of them match the color of his fur, which is dark brown.

Valek is as quick as he is strong. His Dex and Strength scores are 20.

He carries himself with great pride, and commonly treats other with more respect than they might deserve.

Thanks

Thank you Verbatim, and feel free to request away. Whenever time permits I will try to draw whatever peaks my interest on this thread.

As far as commisions go, I will email you. Thanks

Frukathka, I will probably start sketching Valek tonight. But any other details to his clothing and equipment, or is it all up to me?

Well, just to give an update, I wasn't to happy with the last few pics I did. Not that I didn't like them, but I think I need to make them more fluid or dynamic. They are coming out stiff and boring. Especially compared to the great work ChainLightning and Hunter are doing on the other thread. Not that I'm competing, but they are inspiring me to improve.

Considering the whole point of me doing drawings for other people is so I can get some practice drawing things I wouldn't normally draw, I guess I should try to branch out. I'm not making any promises, but I will try.

I'll stop rambling now.

Thanks
Bastion

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Would it be easier to do an action shot of characters you've already drawn? If so, I'll give you a scene:

Edwin is having a heated conversation with a group of three temple guards. Just around the corner, Pick is bent in concentration with his leather thieves' toolkit unfurled on the floor and his lockpicks jammed in a lock.

-blarg

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
BastionLightbringer said:
Frukathka, I will probably start sketching Valek tonight. But any other details to his clothing and equipment, or is it all up to me?

He has a masterwork crystalline maul and devanian chain shirt. Anything else you would like to add would be fine.

Frukathka, I rough sketched this during work today, before you mentioned the chain mail shirt. If you like it I will finish it up.

Let me know.
Litorian.jpg

Also,
blargney the second said:
Would it be easier to do an action shot of characters you've already drawn? If so, I'll give you a scene:

Edwin is having a heated conversation with a group of three temple guards. Just around the corner, Pick is bent in concentration with his leather thieves' toolkit unfurled on the floor and his lockpicks jammed in a lock.

-blarg

Well, when I said I would try to make the figures more fluid, I didn't necessarikly mean group action poses. Just a little more fluid and natural, not stiff like chiseled out of rock. But Blarg if I feel up to a 5 person action scene I will try it... someday.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
But Blarg if I feel up to a 5 person action scene I will try it... someday.

Heh.. I know nothing about drawing, but when you put it like that it does sound like a whole heck of a lot of work!

Sweet Litorian, btw! :)
-blarg

Verbatim

Explorer
While I will be the first to admit that I am in no way any judge of "technical" talent, I can say that I think your artwork can stand on its own two feet against any that post their stuff on the boards.

While DMAC, Chain, Hunter, etc, all do produce work that is great in its own way, there is nothing to be ashamed of in the great sketches that you have drawn. As I have said before, and I will say again, I wish I had half the talent you have amigo...

If you feel that you need to "improve" your work, I can't say anything that will change your mind, as I constantly feel that I need to improve my writing/posting here on the boards, but I will say that you should improve it because you want to, not because you feel your work is inferior to anyone else.

You are a helluva artist amigo, and that is the truth...

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Frukathka, I rough sketched this during work today, before you mentioned the chain mail shirt. If you like it I will finish it up.

Let me know.
Looks awesome. I would love to see it with a chain mail shirt. A million thanks!

Thanks for the kind words Verbatim. What I guess I was trying to say was I need more practice, for I tend to be lazy and just draw the same poses. I need to experiment and try something else.

Frukathka, can I put the chain shirt under the tunic? Let me know, I will try to work on this tonight.

Thanks
Bastion

Verbatim

Explorer
Rog...that clears things up for me alot...:)

If you are sure you do not mind me putting another char here in the request thread, here is Ayden Wyvernspur, priest and nephew of Finder Wyvernspur. He was my first char that I ever created on the boards, and to be honest, he is my favorite from all the ones I have created since. There is no rush, as I don't want to hog all of your time, but if you could do him, that would be awesome, and I give you full artistic license to put him in any pose/situation you would like. :)

The concept was to make him a bard/priest, but when the game began he was the only healer so I never multiclassed him. However, music is in the heart and soul of Ayden and everything he carries conveys that message.

5'11" tall, 165 wt, 26 yrs old
Brown hair, Hazel eyes, Tanned skin

Ayden is slender and attractive, at times almost looking dandyish, but his hazel eyes show the depth of his wisdom and compassion for the world around him. When traveling on the road, Ayden dresses in a stylish, but functional set of traveling clothes. He has not had time to purchase new clothes, so his upscale traveler's outfit would be showing the signs of wear and tear that the road has placed upon him. His holy symbol is always around his neck, and when he draws his violin to play in the mornings, he can feel his god around him then as well. He has a finely crafted chain mesh shirt that he has began to wear all the time when travelling, as his experiences have taught him that Tymora does not always grant people time to open a pack and don armor when the dogs of war are charging your way. However, he has kept his violin safe and it would be in perfect condition still.

His darkwood shield would have Finder's symbol engraved on it and his gemmed hammer is kept as clean as he can.

Items of note
M.W. Chain Shirt (worn, 25wt)
M.W. Darkwood Shield (worn, 7 wt)
Upscale Traveler’s Outfit (worn, 5wt)
Gemmed Warhammer of Shocking +1 (left hand, 8wt)
Bag of Holding w/contents (at side)
M.W. Violin (in bag) (or in case across his back)
Signet ring (right hand, 0wt)
Silver Holy Symbol (Finder) (around neck, 1wt)

Remove ads