Batgirl movie cancelled

Rumor is that The Batman 2 is on shakey ground and could be canceled,as well asThe Flash

I've heard suggests that the reason The Flash hasn't been and won't be canceled, because as a child actor Ezra Miller has some more horrifying stuff on powerful Hollywood people, so as long as he has that on them, he's protected. Plus I've heard it's really good movie.

Yora

Legend
It really seems like very few companies know how to handle superhero properties as movies. We've had Marvel/Disney being successful with the MCU and that's it. While The DCEU movies were better post-Snyder they were infrequent and AT&T/Warner really didn't seem to have a cohesive plan with Warner/Discovery being seemingly worse. Sony has the rights to the Spider-Man characters and have put out three movies in their extended universe of varying quality, focusing completely on villains while ignoring heroes like Spider-Woman (at least we got Into the Spider-verse). Then we have Sony also trying to start a universe based on the Valiant properties, which it seems Bloodshot killed.

Honestly, the best superhero stuff being done currently is on streaming services with shows like The Boys, The Umbrella Academy and Invincible.
Aren't those three all original new characters instead of dragging 80 year old icons around the block for the 17th time for nostalgic fan service?

Mirtek

Hero
I've heard suggests that the reason The Flash hasn't been and won't be canceled, because as a child actor Ezra Miller has some more horrifying stuff on powerful Hollywood people, so as long as he has that on them, he's protected. Plus I've heard it's really good movie.
Didn't know much about Ezra, but now knowing he's an ex child actor that puts his escapades into a new light for me.

Hex08

Hero
Aren't those three all original new characters instead of dragging 80 year old icons around the block for the 17th time for nostalgic fan service?
All three are comic adaptations. The Boys started out at Windstorm/DC and moved to Dynamite, The Umbrella Acadamy is a Dark Horse comic and Invincible is from Image (written by the same guy who wrote The Walking Dead). Granted, none are nearly as old as any Marvel or DC stuff, all are less than 20 years old. Also, the comics were all written by the same people, their original creators. The Boys has certainly surpassed the source material in quality.

Well "The Flash" has a lot more problems than the studio not having confidence that it's right for the venue.
298496869_5910683255611988_387305200150014833_n.jpg

aco175

Legend
I did not even know they were coming out with a Batgirl until I saw it was cancelled. Then I saw it was cancelled for a tax break which make me think that DC does not care about the fans. Kind of like in two years from now Hasbro spends money getting a new D&D2024 5.5e and then stops to only come out with a new Return to the Keep of Elemental Evil. Meh.

Remove ads