• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batgirl movie cancelled

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well .... I have mixed feelings about that.

Despite not agreeing with the above poster, the Batwoman TV series was ... not great.
And Flash is really tired. Letting it have an extra half season is almost a mercy killing.
The biggest loss is Legends of Tomorrow, which somehow (despite cast changes) is always fun.

Arrow, Supergirl, and Black Lightning were all already gone.

That just leaves Superman & Lois and Stargirl, right? Are they officially gone?'

ETA- Most importantly, what about the Babylon5 reboot on the CW? Gone too?
Sure, it could be uneven, but for my $0.02 the CW DC material was probably the closest anyone in Hollywood has come to actually following the MCU in any creatively viable fashion.

Despite not agreeing with the above poster, the Batwoman TV series was ... not great.
And Flash is really tired. Letting it have an extra half season is almost a mercy killing.
The biggest loss is Legends of Tomorrow, which somehow (despite cast changes) is always fun.

That just leaves Superman & Lois and Stargirl, right? Are they officially gone?'
[/QUOTE]
No,they aren't gone but won't be back till 2023 with Gotham Knights
Was it green lite by the previous guy in charge? If so, then yes lol. I honestly have no idea.

EDIT: It looks like it's still in active development ‘Babylon 5’ Reboot Still “Very Much In Active Development”, The CW CEO Confirms

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Sure, it could be uneven, but for my $0.02 the CW DC material was probably the closest anyone in Hollywood has come to actually following the MCU in any creatively viable fashion.

Don't get me wrong ... I loved the Arrowverse. Heck, I've watched every single episode of every show. Even the ones I regret later. :)

But I think they stretched the talent and plots too thin. These are network series, so each season was 20-23 episodes, and at one point ...

In 2018, you had ...

Arrow (22 episodes)
Flash (22 episodes)
Supergirl (22 episodes)
LoT (22 episodes)
Black Lightning (16 episodes)

104 episodes.

...and they were preparing and getting ready for the launch of Batwoman the next year! I think that they were done in by too much of a good thing.

(I still think that the first few seasons of the Arrow and the Flash, most of the Supergirl run, all of LoT, all of Black Lightning, and ... uh ... pretty much none of Batwoman are really really good TV).

Hex08

Hero

ETA2- I read the article by @trappedslider ... totally forgot about Naomi!
From what I have read the B5 reboot was still in development as of a few months ago, but who knows. Superman & Lois and Stargirl aren't Arrowverse, which is odd for Superman and Lois since they are the same actors. From everything I have read both are still not cancelled but with the likely sale of the CW everything is probably up in the air.

I loved the Arrowverse but it has been dying a slow death for years, it was almost a relief to finally see it go. I probably stopped watching any of the shows four-ish years ago

Ryujin

Legend
Don't get me wrong ... I loved the Arrowverse. Heck, I've watched every single episode of every show. Even the ones I regret later. :)

But I think they stretched the talent and plots too thin. These are network series, so each season was 20-23 episodes, and at one point ...

In 2018, you had ...

Arrow (22 episodes)
Flash (22 episodes)
Supergirl (22 episodes)
LoT (22 episodes)

104 episodes.

...and they were preparing and getting ready for the launch of Batwoman the next year! I think that they were done in by too much of a good thing.

(I still think that the first few seasons of the Arrow and the Flash, most of the Supergirl run, all of LoT, all of Black Lightning, and ... uh ... pretty much none of Batwoman are really really good TV).
Great in the beginning but, to me at least, they started to suffer fairly quickly from Supernatural Syndrome (lather, rinse, repeat) and too much... for lack of a better term, CW. The crossover episodes also lost me because missing episodes of shows that I didn't want to watch, meant missing out on parts of the story. Pity, because I was really enjoying Arrow and Flash in the beginning. Supergirl not as much, but it had its moments.

It would be nice if the DCEU animated series folks could take the wheel on the live action movies for a while, I think.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
CNN stuff? American news isn't great but CNN seems fairly bad.
My opinion of CNN would derail the thread.

Everything Warner is being subjected to critical review by Discovery management. The people who were happy and/or comfy with "the way we do things" of course will not react well when the boat is rocked.

Last edited:

Marc Radle

Legend
My opinion of CNN would derail the thread.

Everything Warner is being subjected to critical review by Discovery management. The people who were happy and/or comfy with "the way we do things" of course will not react well when the boat is rocked.
I have no problems with CNN

In 2018, you had ...

Arrow (22 episodes)
Flash (22 episodes)
Supergirl (22 episodes)
LoT (22 episodes)

104 episodes.

as a casual fan of dc i didnt realize there was a separate universe. i knew the actors were different but no idea they were different . Theres so many batmans i just figured they were just different directors with new actors. Same went with spiderman (until the last movie i thought it was just reboots)

for me in america i see comics mainly in comic stores . Graphic novels can be seen in book stores/online stuff.

My local comicbook chain (3 stores i think) reminds me of the simpsons comicbook store and there is stuff on the shelves over 10 years old (heroclix stuff thats not legal in current games etc) while the big chain store sells music/comics tshirts/some D&D stuff etc. The cvs/walgreens which replaced most mom/pop drug stores havent sold comics in a long long time

off topic but i thought was cool. Listening to this radio dj the other day and he was talking about icecream trucks when he was a kid (probably within last 15 years) and his icecream truck guy sold comics plus pizza. Never saw that but as a kid would have loved that

Remove ads