Batman: The Brave and the Bold trailer

frankthedm

First Post
First thoughts: "wow, they took all the respectability the batman animated franchise built up since the 90's and flushed it right down the toilet."

Klaus

First Post
This looks as bad as The Batman.

These animation styles (for B&B and The Batman) would look better with another hero. If they had used The Batman style for, say, Teen Titans and this one for Blue Beetle III (Jaime Reyes)... which does look cool in the trailer.

Trickstergod

First Post
First thoughts: "wow, they took all the respectability the batman animated franchise built up since the 90's and flushed it right down the toilet."

Yeah, I guess that's why Paul Dini - one of the primary writers from the original, the guy who wrote the award winning Heart of Ice episode with Mr. Freeze - is also writing an episode for the show.

And as was already mentioned, The Batman already did a bang up job of churning out Bat-garbage.

This, meanwhile, looks like it will be fun. It's also likely geared for kids 5-10, as opposed to the 10+ crowd that the original animated series was meant for.

Klaus

First Post
Yeah, I guess that's why Paul Dini - one of the primary writers from the original, the guy who wrote the award winning Heart of Ice episode with Mr. Freeze - is also writing an episode for the show.

And as was already mentioned, The Batman already did a bang up job of churning out Bat-garbage.

This, meanwhile, looks like it will be fun. It's also likely geared for kids 5-10, as opposed to the 10+ crowd that the original animated series was meant for.
Hmm.

I guess all those kids aged 5-12 in my country, sporting Ben10 apparel and toys, are wrong, then. They should be watching "kiddie" stuff...

As soon as you "gear" a cartoon towards a specific demographic (as opposed to just making it good), you're on shaky ground.

As for Paul Dini, he's not infallible, by far. The latest big project he oversaw at DC, "Countdown to Final Crisis", was a train wreck of Titanic proportions...

Remove ads