• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--2/11/07--Arc 13

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Volaran said:
We were actually first exposed to that last season...

There was a scene with Laura and her assistant watching Six making out with thin air (i.e. head Baltar) and pondering about what was going on. I thought it was funny and wondered if anyone will ever make a connection between Baltar's oddness and Six's behavior.

dravot

First Post
Gunslinger said:
It was mid-season filler, but fairly well done filler. That said, I'd definitely like to get back to space battles. When was the last time we had a good engagement with the Cylon fleet?

So filler is anything that isn't a space battle? :\

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'm ambivalent on this episode.

I generally like Helo, and I enjoyed the glimpses into his psyche. The actor did a great job at portraying some of the subtler points, like wanting to be off with the pilots again, and beginning to truly doubt himself. Tigh is wonderful, as usual, and I always love Doc Cottle.

On the other hand, I didn't really like the A-story. I didn't particularly find myself moved by any of it, mostly because it was all introduced in this episode. Also, I think it was a fairly by-the-numbers anti-bigotry story, and that made it boring. Finally, there were more than a few logical gaps and contrivences.

Given around this same time last season we got a bunch of really weak episodes as well, I don't think the extra time in the summer really helped with RDM's fatigue. I'd rather see less episodes produced to keep up the energy and creativity.

Gunslinger

First Post
dravot said:
So filler is anything that isn't a space battle? :\

No, those were two separate complaints. Filler is a standalone, episodic episode that does very little to advance the main plot and contains a complete story arc which had not been hinted at before (completely new conflict is introduced, then completely new conflict is completely solved before the episode ends and has very little bearing on any future episodes). I much prefer the show as a serial drama than a bunch of self-contained episodic 1 hour plots.

But there also haven't been any space battles since Exodus 2, and the space battles are some of the best parts of the series.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
I hadn't heard that before this episode. Considering how much of this season dealt with New Caprica, I think we probably should have, way back in Collaborators, in the least.

Yah.

Also, seriously, they're the only colony you hear about discussed as a distinct group. That's kind of annoying.

Brad

Shalimar

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Yah.

Also, seriously, they're the only colony you hear about discussed as a distinct group. That's kind of annoying.

Brad

We do hear about the Geminons as a group too, they are the really religious ones that were the impetues for the abortion plotline.

Volaran

First Post
We also heard about the Taurons briefly. During Adama's explanation, using the cover story, of the Valkyrie's mission in Hero, the Taurons are mentioned as known for being something of a rogue colony.

dravot

First Post
Volaran said:
We also heard about the Taurons briefly. During Adama's explanation, using the cover story, of the Valkyrie's mission in Hero, the Taurons are mentioned as known for being something of a rogue colony.

They're probably very stubborn.

Remove ads