• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--2/11/07--Arc 13

dravot

First Post
Volaran said:
The podcast has some interesting insights as to why this was a stand-alone episode when it wasn't necessarily filmed as much.

Apparently according to the original plan, something had happened in Baltar's administration before the Cylon attack, and having to do with Saggitarons. This was apparently supposed tie into the trial later, but apparently when it was discarded, this episode had already been filmed. Apparently a bunch of Zarek stuff got cut out, which makes me sad.

Doesn't make it a better episode, or more connected to the ongoing stories, but interesting none the less.

Great info, thanks!

A lot of the time we, the audience, fail to realize that the final product (in any given episode may not be what was originally intended, and in something as complex as BSG, there are unintended consequences for earlier decisions (either by writers, editors, casting, etc) on later storylines).

I thought that as a stand-alone, it was a pretty good episode. I thought that the story presented the ambiguity of Doctor Roberts' activities quite well...we never really knew what was going on, and there was always plausible evidence to the contrary.

Have we seen this type of show before? Sure, but most of the time, we know that the good guy is right, but can't prove it. This time, we assumed that the good guy was right, but we weren't totally sure. Just enough doubt and uncertainty. This is highlighted by Tigh's discussion of Helo's previous life and professional choices, which sowed credible doubt in Helo himself.

Plus, the episode was 10x better than 'Black Market' ;)

Remove ads