• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Webisodes! 2 per week until the BSG premier

So far, I only got to:
Your vide will begin playing after a brief advertisement

Maybe the advertisment is region-specific, and my IP isn't in any of their IP-regions?
Or the server providing the advertisement video is down?
Or am I just not waiting long enough?
:)

dravot

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
So far, I only got to:

Maybe the advertisment is region-specific, and my IP isn't in any of their IP-regions?
Or the server providing the advertisement video is down?
Or am I just not waiting long enough?
:)

I just ran it again, at 11:30am ET. It sat for about 2 min, and then played. No ad that I saw. Beyond that, I dunno.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I liked the first one somewhat, but not totally. Review and comments in spoiler text, and there are spoilers.

I like the idea that all sorts of people are having babies. It further reinforces the idea that stopping wasn't necessarily a bad idea. It just happened to be tied up with Baltar. Of course, there's the theory that the Cylons knew about the planet all along and intentionally jumped them there (through Sharon).

What I didn't like is Tigh. I was going to say I don't know why, but I think I do. Tigh is not a leader, and once again he's thrust into this position. It makes him... I don't know, not-cool in that normal cool Tigh way.

dravot said:
I just ran it again, at 11:30am ET. It sat for about 2 min, and then played. No ad that I saw. Beyond that, I dunno.
It might have nothing to with the ad, but its definitely a region-specific IP filter or something like that. Using an alternate way to get to the webisodes, I got the message that my region was not served.

If I'd find a american proxy server, I could probably watch it, but so far, it is restricted. :(

Storm Raven

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
I liked the first one somewhat, but not totally. Review and comments in spoiler text, and there are spoilers.

I like the idea that all sorts of people are having babies. It further reinforces the idea that stopping wasn't necessarily a bad idea. It just happened to be tied up with Baltar. Of course, there's the theory that the Cylons knew about the planet all along and intentionally jumped them there (through Sharon).

What I didn't like is Tigh. I was going to say I don't know why, but I think I do. Tigh is not a leader, and once again he's thrust into this position. It makes him... I don't know, not-cool in that normal cool Tigh way.

Spoiler answer:

I think that Tigh being thrust into a leadership position is intended to illustrate the dire straits that the colonists find themselves in. The fact that such an obvious non-leader is being saddled with the responsibility of being the leader of the resistance shows what a weak position the resistance is in.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Storm Raven said:
Spoiler answer:

I think that Tigh being thrust into a leadership position is intended to illustrate the dire straits that the colonists find themselves in. The fact that such an obvious non-leader is being saddled with the responsibility of being the leader of the resistance shows what a weak position the resistance is in.

In rebuttal,

Or the simpler explanation - Tigh is the commanding officer after Adama. Since, from what I've seen, the resistance is made up of Galactica crew (and Anders' second) they'll defer to him even if he's not that great.

He just seems very... grungy to me. Something makes me think he's on the run, that the Cylons are looking for him. Twice now we've seen scenes in the previews after the webisodes that suggest worse is in store for him.

It would also help if we knew why Roslin and Starbuck (and Anders) weren't in on the resistance.

Gah, I'm already jonesing for more!!!! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads