• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Behind the Curtain - OOC (full)

Mimic

First Post
history inc...

Four men sit around a table that has nothing on it but a file folder

One of them coughs and begins to speak. Before we start this I hope I don't have to remind you gentlemen that this meeting never happened.

Of course not sir, says the man to his left.

Good then lets commence with this. He replys

Yes sir, says the man to his right.

The last remaining man opens the folder and starts to read out the contents of what's inside.

Thomas O'Riley, age 24, private first class.

Has spent the last 6 years in the armed forces in some capacity or another. He has spent about a year in total in the brig for various infractions, which include striking a superior officer, refusing a direct order from a superior officer.

How did he only spend a year in the brig for those offences? the first man asks.

The man stops reading and flips quickly through the pages. It would seem that his father has connections sir, along with the fact that although he is abrasive and has quite an independent streak he is a good solider.

Fine continue.

Yes sir, Thomas joined the army right out of highschool, he breezed though boot camp and although he was offered a mechanized unit, he refused, said he wanted to be infantry. He seemed to like hand to hand combat and according to his record he did excel in it.

He tried a stint with the marines but it was too ridged for his liking so he went back to infantry.

Anything interesting about his background?

Not really sir, born in Denver Colorado. He moved around with his father, average student, highly above average with sports and other physical activites. Same thing in high school, captain of the football team, track, rugby, you name it. He was offered several college scholorships but declined instead to join up with the armed forces.

Tell me about his first change.

Aproximately 3 months ago Thomas was in a bar fight when he first changed most of the people where injured some critical at the time but no deaths, the bar on the other hand was totaled.

What can he do?

He seems to be able to morph into some sort of living rock, incredibly strong and very resiliant, he can jump incredible distances and can produce shockwaves just by clapping his hands.

Where is he now?

He is working as a bouncer at a seedy bar in downtown Coast City. He didn't re-enlist when his last term was up, he refused to say why. Although he does maintain several friends and casual contacts with the base that is located by the city.

So it's possible that he would be willing to work with us?

Yes sir, although it would more than likely be in a mercenary way, then any sense of duty.

Fine, you're all dismissed. Leave the file with me.

All three men stand and saluted the sitting man and left the room.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic - I like the backstory bit.

Those who aren't finished or set, try to wrap up in the next few days. I'll be out of town this coming weekend, though I should check the boards once or twice. Will try to get the ball rolling on the game shortly after that.

Rybaer

First Post
Okay, checking things over, this is what I'm still looking for from each player before I'll be ready to start:

Velmont - you're pretty well done. I'm taking it that your character is beginning play as something of a recent and homeless runaway?

Radiant - character's appearance (or actor). A bit more elaboration on the background and personality...aside from the fleeing-the-Russian-mafia bit.

Mimic - I think you're pretty well set. What is the character doing right now? Job, living arrangements?

Keia - Still need personality and backstory, particularly due to the Fame feat.

Everyone will be starting out independently. I shall endeavor to get the characters into a group in relatively short order once things get underway.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Keia said:
On the way. . .

And its added to the sheet above - still thinking about a flaw (perhaps naive) to add some additional spell stunts and some more skills. Maybe a quirk to alway help others in need would be better.

What do you think?

Keia

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
And its added to the sheet above - still thinking about a flaw (perhaps naive) to add some additional spell stunts and some more skills. Maybe a quirk to alway help others in need would be better.

What do you think?

Keia

Sounds good all around.

Naive doesn't seem to fit this character too well. The quirk to help others feels better...and taken to the level of a flaw, it could explain his assumption of the Professor Fate persona.

Is Professor Fate a secret identity? Kinda sounds that way...just looking for clarification.

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:
Mimic - I think you're pretty well set. What is the character doing right now? Job, living arrangements?

He works as a bouncer in a lower class bar, he would more than likely live in the same area (he's not to worried about getting robbed.)

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
He works as a bouncer in a lower class bar, he would more than likely live in the same area (he's not to worried about getting robbed.)

Hmmm...I forgot that this was at the end of your backstory. Sounded awfully familiar. :)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rybaer said:
Naive doesn't seem to fit this character too well. The quirk to help others feels better...and taken to the level of a flaw, it could explain his assumption of the Professor Fate persona.

Is Professor Fate a secret identity? Kinda sounds that way...just looking for clarification.

I agree about the naive thing, I'll add the quirk and add additional skills, stunts, and feats.

Professor Fate is a secret identity, an idea of his manager to keep his powers and his public image separate (in case there's a backlash against the wavers).

Keia

I'll addmore to the background (single, name of manager, parents, etc. later this morning)

Remove ads