• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BESM D20 game?

ES2

First Post
I have always wanted to play in a game where I made a modern day character and was somehow teleported or shifted into a fantasy world, either the world's past, or perhaps the future, or just a different world altogether, and along with me are others also displaced into this world, and we have to figure out what the hell just happened.

Along the way, I would learn how to use magic. Great, powerful blasts of sorcerous power...yeah, that would be cool.

Maybe we all are part of some great prophecy or something...dunno. Just a thought that popped into my mind.

As long as there's magic (if we agree to have magic) then I'm all for it. If magic doesn't exist, then I will make something else. Something cool.

Aztec Ace

First Post
Ok, I have come up with three different game idea's. I will let you pick which you would rather play in.

Defenders of Altropos
Genre: Heroic Fantasy
Period: Another World (pre-industrial)
Category: Action-Drama
Theme: "Protectors of the Realm"

Dark forces believed long vanquished have started to reappear. Belgaron, the aged King of Altropos, has called together a group of individuals to defend his kingdom from these evil powers.

Hunters Supernatural
Genre: Supernatural
Period: Near Future
Category: Action
Theme: "Dark Conspiracies"

A unknown person or group is opening the "Shadow Doors" and releasing supernatural horrors into the world. You belong to a top secret government organization set to stop them.

The Silver Gate
Genre: Interdimensional Exiles
Period: Modern Day-Other World
Category: Action- Drama
Theme: "Secret Legacy"

The mountain resort is a great place to stay for the summer. But what happens when strange things start happening around you and your friends. Will you enter the "Silver Gate" and face your destiny.

I can freely add comedy and romance to any of the above.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Here are my thoughts...

The first one is preferred. However, it would be rather difficult to make my idea work, as how a young-looking person would be chosen for a task set by royalty is beyond me...

The second idea feels rather weak. However, my more futuristic idea could work in such a game... though it's doubtful.

The third idea is incompatible with either of my concepts, so I won't comment.

Last edited:

I'm pretty much for anything non-fantasy oriented...I mean...I have D&D for that. :)
And truthfully, a Samurai/Martial Artist/Ninja can fit into modern day settings too...but the Modern classes(of which most of them are) don't really fit in the fantasy type setting...

ES2

First Post
In order of preference:

Option 3, option 1, option 2.

Now that I listed these, in the end I'm up for anything. :D But, these are my preferences. I know there's also guidelines in the BESMd20 book for using standard fantasy classes with the system, but the only thing missing from those classes are which of the new classes in the game would be class skills for the fantasy classes, since BESMd20 uses combat skills for its combat system.

Zack2216

First Post
I like #1 the most, with #3 close behind.

I can't really pick what I want to play though. I'm stuck between two different characters I would like to try out though. Well, I will choose once the final verdict for the campaign setting comes out.

Shalimar

First Post
Zack2216 said:
Looks like option 1 is in the lead.

We have 4 votes, anyone else?

I would vote for option 3 followed by 2 then 1, but since 2 does not appear to be in the running, I'll just have to go 3 then 1

Zack2216

First Post
Looks like 3 is in the lead now. We have 5 players that have voted. Looks like a good sized party to me, unless Aztec Ace wants another person. So, what's the verdict, in case you're sorta pushin' to one of the settings, Ace?

Imerak

First Post
Hi! Is it too late for me to join? Because if it's not, I'd like to play Option 2. But seeing as how that seems to be lagging behind, Option 3 is a second, and Option 1 is third.

Remove ads