• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BESM D20 game?

ES2

First Post
Would we all have to be in highschool, or how would that work? It does sound intriguing and I'll play whatever you decide to run as long as the group is devoted to really playing.

Imerak

First Post
Zack2216 said:
Well lichtenhart, I can't say. It's up to Aztec Ace.

Hmm....

Ok this is how it will work. If Aztec Ace doesn't post by monday (that sounds good, doesn't it?) what his plans are, I will try to come up with something and start a Character creation thread, detailing creation rules and house rules.

Oh, and how do you feal about playing in a modern scifi/fantasy highschool type game? Go ahead and answer now, and if Aztec Ace can't get back to us on his plans, then I will start the thread in the Rogues gallery.

Sound good?

That sounds excellent to me.

Zack2216

First Post
In a highschool setting (well, atleast mine) you will all be playing 8th graders. The high school holds grades 8-12, 8=freshmen, 9=sophmore=, 10=junior, 11= senior, 12= illastrate' (or something cool that means elite in a foriegn language, suggestions are more than welcome). The setting allows for all character classes, including the classic D&D ones, although they are rare in most cases. The setting supports both magic and technology, and will be placed in the not quite so distant future. But, becuase it is anime, everyone uses the same kind of currency and technology is fairly advanced, though they progressed more so in some areas than others (like war technologies to produce mecha ;))

You will all be transfer students sent to Japan (or, you can be a local) because you either attract or cause destruction/mayhem. It is prefered that you play 13 year old characters (in body, not in mind), but I understand the need to play a 19 year drug addict that is only just now finishing (or starting) their education (I have a home brew drug addiction defect if anyone is interested...).

I will post the homebrew attributes if anyone is interested, including house rules and what not. Fusion (yes, DBZ) is one of them, and I am thinking about my other one at the moment.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm... drug addict... that could be entertaining...

My futuristic concept definitely won't work in this one. My fantasy concept could work, though I'd probably need to see a little more of the game's concept...

Though the more I think about a drug addict character... the more I think it could be viable. And entertaining. But I'll see if my fantasy concept will work before I go with a drug addict...

What kind of races and classes will be allowed? Can you tell us more about what this school is that our characters will be transferred to?

Though I could probably still pull of my character concept with this(Mecha Pilot), I don't think I can get into the mind of someone so young...yeah, I'm not very old myself, but it just feels too young for a character for me to run...

Zack2216

First Post
In body, not in mind. Personally, if I was playing a kid with 14+ mental stats, I would play him at any mental age I want, becuase he/she could be as mature as you want him to be.

Setting summary:

The character's, being notoriusly destructive or well known for attracting destruction have been transfered to a school (they will start as 8th graders) where they can monitered (contained) for the rest of their high school career. Detchitoyo Highschool is located in Sanzaku City, 3 hours north east of Tokyo, Japan. The city is large, but the population shrinks by 1% every year, due to families attempting to escape the regular mishaps that happen there on a regular basis, so there is room for more. The poplulation is about 3 million, and the city is up to date on most technologies and fads due to it's close proximy to tokyo and internet access. Other items are also accessable, as extraplanar entities make regular visits to the city, and many have set up shop there aswell selling oddities, magic items, souls, etc.

Detchitoyo Highschool is a very large high school, covering several acres (and that is the complex alone, not including the sports areas). It is one of a couple high schools in the city, being the most populated and located in one of the more populated areas of Sanzuku. There are 2 other highschools, and their populations are almost as high. The principle is Ken Thazad. Students: 6k freshmen, 4k sophmore, 3k juniors, 2k seniors, 1k Illustrate'

The student poplulation is quite large, about 16,000. The population is seperated into 2 groups, the average students, and the 'talented' students. The talented students are unique, in that they have training in one or more professions (character classes). These students also oftentimes join Clubs that share similar interests. They are Sponsered by teachers, who also share these interests. Almost all clubs are snooty and tend to pay little attention to those outside their circles unless the student has shown great strength or aptitude, or defeated a stronger member of the club. Clubs recognize each other, but most of this is with hate or spite. Few clubs actually get along, usually because of a minor difference in technique, code, or belief. Fights happen regularly between the clubs, and the teahers tend to ignore them.

Races: human, elf, artificial construct, Aasimar, Teifling. The human and elf races have been changed some, but not too significantly. The artificial construct remains unchanged. Aasimar and teifling are more like half-celestials and half-fiends.

Human Point Cost
Base movement 0
+1 Feat at 1st Level 2
+4 Skill Points at 1st Level .5
+1 Skill Point each Level .5
Total Value 3
Final Cost -3 (3 character points are returned)

Elf Point Cost
Base movement 0
+2 Dexterity 1
-2 Constitution -1
Immunity to magical sleep spells 1
+1 Feat at 1st level 2
Total Value 3
Final Cost -3 (3 character points are returned)

Artificial Construct Point Cost
Base movement 0
No Constitution 0
Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stun 4
Immune to disease, death, necromantic effects 3
Cannot heal (must be repaired) -4
Not subject to critical hits or subdual damage 2
Not subject to Ability damage, Ability drain, or energy drain 2
Automatic Fortitude saves unless effect can target objects 3
Total Value 10
Final Cost 4

Tiefling: the character has some demonic traits because she is of demonic decent, and has a set of horns, bat wings, and a tail. They oftentimes also have slitted or monocolored eyes, or unusual skin colorations and possibly scales. Despite their heritage, Tieflings aren't always evil if raised in a normal (as normal as it could be) home.

Ability Point cost
Bse Movement 0
+2 charisma 1
+2 dexterity 1
+2 inteligence 1
Flight (normal) rank 2 6
Telekinesis: Fire only rank 3 6
Bane lvl 1 (crucifix) -1
Bane lvl 3 (hollowed ground (churches, graveyards, etc)) -3
Detectable (telekinesis: fire) lvl 3 -3
Marked lvl 2 -2
Total Value 6
Final Cost: 0

Aasimar: The character has some angelic heritage. This is shown by the characters wings, and often time glowing skin and odd colored eyes (by odd, they can have white yellow, or rainbow huyed pupils, or monocolored eyes). Aasimar are usually good natured, and try to help others when they can.

Ability Point Cost
Base Movement 0
+2 charisma 1
+2 wisdom 1
+2 constitution 1
Flight (normal) rank 2 6
Healing rank 1 4
Detectable (lay on hands) rank 3 -3
Marked lvl 2 -2
Total Value 8
Final cost: 2

My argument for the humans reduced bonus skill point cost: spending 1 point to increase your intel modifier by 1 does the same thing as the +4 skill points at first level and +1 extra skill point per level. So, I cut the costs in half.

Oh, and if you guys want to play another race, just ask. I have a neko (cat person) and 2 zeonian (evolved humans bred to kill) in another game.

Well, lets see here, now for the drug addiction defect. If you have suggestions on any changes, go ahead and mention them.

Drug Addiction
The character is addicted to a drug, and feels (physically or mentally) that he/she must have access to and must take that drug constantly. This addiction can range from needing it to relax or concentrate, or needing it to maintain his existance. Addicts are usually in denail, proclaiming that they aren't addicted and could stop whenever they want.
3 BP The character is constantly destracted, constantly thinking of the said addicted to drug(s), incurring a -1 check to all skill checks and defence rolls
6 BP The character, in addition to the earlier level, must make hourly concentration checks (DC 20) or the penalty to checks and defence increases to -2. The character suffers from withdrawl if the drug hasn't been taken in 3 days, the character must make a fortitude save DC 16, or suffer a constant -3 to all checks and defence rolls (this replaces the normal -1 to all checks) from constant headaches, nausea, stomach cramps, and halucinations.
9 BP The character, in addition to the earlier two levels, the drug is, once the character is addicted to it (though the character could just need it, never have been addicted to it), the drug is essential to the character staying alive, either becuase the drug has so warped (irreversibly) the characters body chemisty that it is required to maintain some sort of equilibrium in the characters body, or the drug is the only thing staving off the affects of a poison, disease, curse or nanoprobes programed to be inactive while the drug is detected in the characters system. -OR- The character is so addicted to the drug that the distraction penalty to skill chekcs and defence rolls is -2, and the Character hourly concentration DC is 25. If the character fails the concentration check, the penalty increases to -3. Also, the character enters withdrawl within 24 hours of taking the drug, unless the character makes a fortitude save DC 25, and the effects of the withdrawl are increased to -4.

This can be taken multiple times, showing that you are hooked on more than one drug.

ES2

First Post
Wow, that sounds really cool. I can remember being in the 8th grade reading comics just wondering what it would be like to do all those kinds of crazy stuff...and I still do so I guess some things don't change by getting older. I was hesitant at first as to what you have in mind, but now after reading that, that sounds cool with me.

Put me down as an Aasimar, but I have to think about a class... hmmm, an 8th grader Gun Bunny is just insane to think about. :D I'll come up with something.

I do have one question about this game...how do you generate Ability Scores? I have the anime d20 download, it says figure Ability Scores as normal in the PHB, but then it says Ability Scores have a cost to them also...so I don't get it.

Also, how many points are ya giving us to work with?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm... fantasy concept won't work, as the races allowed won't let it... however, it would be possible for my sci-fi concept to work...

I'll work on adapting the background to fit the game, and see how it works. Should be up sometime this weekend.

Zack2216

First Post
Gnomeworks, I am very open about what races you can play. Just say the race, and if it isn't already listed in the anime d20 srd, then we can work together to create the race.

Oh, and ability score generation. What I am doing, is giving you guys a set amount of cp. You spend these cp on attributes and stats. To buy your stats, it costs 1 cp to buy to stat points. So, buying an 18 in a stat will cost 9 cp.

Remove ads