Best 3.0/3.5 Resources

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
...I like a lot of the options from the Trailblazer preview by Bad Axe Games. ...

Speaking of Trailblazer, does anyone know when the complete book is supposed to be released? I'm very interested in this also (the preview stuff looked good but I really want to see their take on combat mechanics).

Treebore

First Post
If I was to start all over again I would just get the core, including all the WOTC MM's and all of the Tome of Horrors, get Libris Mortis, get Book of the Righteous, and use the Wilderlands as my setting. After that all I would buy is modules.

There are several city books I really like, such as CSIO, LCoB, Bard's Gate, City of Mithril, and Streets of Silver. So I would probably rebuy those too.

Fortunately I have kept everything. So for me it would be a matter of packing everything up that I don't really need and storing it at the top back end of my garage so I'm far less likely to pull it out and try to use it.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Another vote for the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Box Set. If I was starting from scratch, this would be the #1 product I'd want after the core books.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This is a great thread.

The moral for me: never throw out or sell your old gaming books. I still occasionally reference my 1e and 2e books, and there are lots of game systems (Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu) where I'd rather play the older editions.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Speaking of Trailblazer, does anyone know when the complete book is supposed to be released?

Just prior to the GenCon release of Pathfinder.

I'm very interested in this also (the preview stuff looked good but I really want to see their take on combat mechanics).

What, specifically, are you looking for? I've covered a lot of combat stuff here at EnWorld and if I can't point you to it, I should be able to answer anyway.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I'm curious... why does everyone always mention this site while Sovelior is never mentioned? I much prefer the latter's interface and it also has a nice spell and power search feature.
I can't (or won't, perhaps) speak for 'everyone', but I'll go ahead and assume ;) it's because: a) d20srd.org is more widely known; or b) they simply prefer that one.

Me personally? It's option 'b'.

Remove ads