Best 3.0/3.5 Resources

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
The above lists are all great so I won't try to duplicate and hit this from a different view..

Software..
OneNote: This has turned out to be the best campaign management software I think I have ever seen. (Can say enough how this has changed information management for my campaigns)
TableSmith: While not key, it is very handy to have especially if you get into making tables for world/campaign
NPC Designer: Never can have enough decent NPCs (Saves me hours in session prep and when I wing it)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm curious... why does everyone always mention this site while Sovelior is never mentioned? I much prefer the latter's interface and it also has a nice spell and power search feature.
Dunno. I prefer Sovelior & Sage except when I want a visual layout of feat prereqs. :shrugs:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Just prior to the GenCon release of Pathfinder.

What! Dude, that's like not until August!:eek: (Just kidding. Thanks for the info.;))

What, specifically, are you looking for? I've covered a lot of combat stuff here at EnWorld and if I can't point you to it, I should be able to answer anyway.

Yeah, if you can link me to the threads I'll give them a look. However, I was mostly just saying "I'm interested in their take on..." because I'm really interested in getting this book. What I've seen so far looks like it should be really good.

To add to the list:
Unfortunately, a lot of 3.5 goodies have already started disapearing.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer

I've been using Creative Mountain Games' PDF products for quite a while in my 3.5 games. Over the summer, as a player I began using his new character sheet, and I'm a big fan of both its layout as well as its form fillability (if that's not a word, I'm *making* it a word) that's capable of being saved even by free PDF readers.

The only SRD that I've ever used is CMG's Revised SRD collection of PDFs--his newest version is linked well (even in between PDFs) and quickly searchable for what you need.

AEG's Toolbox is a pretty nifty book if you find yourself flying by the seat of your pants--lots and lots of charts full of names, places, random adventure seeds, and NPC stats. This one might be out of print. There's apparently a sequel, but it's 2-3 times as big and 50 bucks. ( Ultimate Toolbox )

Beyond those products, I don't think I use too much else as far as rules supplements for 3.5 go.

Last edited:

pawsplay

Hero
I find I use regularly:
The core rulebooks
PHB II
The Complete Arcane, Divine, Warrior, Adventurer
MM I - III, Savage Species, Fiend Folio

I use occasionally:
DMG II
Heroes of Horror
Liber Mortis
Fiendish Codex I & II
Complete Mage, Complete Scoundrel
Unearthed Arcana

Interesting third party stuff:
Magic and Mercenaries, both by AEG (Mercenaries is almost a PHB 2 by itself)
Love & War
Crime & Punishment
Dynasties & Demagogues
The Scarred Lands campaign setting

Remove ads