• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Best 5e YouTubers

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I like critical role. I just wish they would split their videos into smaller chunks. Its hard to watch a three and a half hour vid on anything.

I convert them to audio and listen while running.

And since I only run about an hour and a half a week, yup, I am falling behind.

Arryn

Explorer
I put on Critical Role while working and I usually don't even have the video up. Yeah, I may miss the occasional sight-gag, but D&D is theater of the mind after all. This may or may not be possible depending on your job, but it helps me get through the day.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
I used to watch and enjoy High Rollers and D20 Babes, and have tried many others, but such is the quality of Critical Role and AC.INC that I default to just those two now.

werecorpse

Adventurer
Matt Colville is my favourite - and I enjoy the cadence of his rather rapid speech. Despite having DMed for over 30 years I find his insight useful.
I enjoy Critical Role - I like the stories and some of the characterisation although I would prefer a bit more tactical and a bit less soap opera style but it's hard to quibble with the generally great cast and content.
Nerdarchy can be good but I prefer WebDM which is a tighter format. I enjoyed the WebDM adventure as well.

MarkB

Legend
I like critical role. I just wish they would split their videos into smaller chunks. Its hard to watch a three and a half hour vid on anything.

That put me off them for a long time, and it's why I tend not to watch live streams - at least you can watch YouTube videos a piece at a time.

There are a couple of PC games I'm into that require little enough concentration that I can split my focus - mainly Elite Dangerous - and I often have an RPG video running on a tablet beneath my monitor while I'm playing.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I put on Critical Role while working and I usually don't even have the video up. Yeah, I may miss the occasional sight-gag, but D&D is theater of the mind after all. This may or may not be possible depending on your job, but it helps me get through the day.

For this, I think I would rather just listen to a pod cast created with audio in mind. Gods Fall is an example of wonderfully produced pod cast. I've put it aside for now, but I still recommend it to people.

Currently, my main pod cast that I listen to when cleaning, mowing the lawn, etc. is 'Welcome to the Magic Kingdom', which is not a DnD or game play pod cast, it is a improv group playing the part of a guy from earth that fell through a portal into a fantasy world and does interviews at the "Magic Tavern" with his co-hosts Chunttttttt (yes, spelled with seven "t"s) a talking badger and Usidore the Blue, a wizard.

Arryn

Explorer
For this, I think I would rather just listen to a pod cast created with audio in mind. Gods Fall is an example of wonderfully produced pod cast. I've put it aside for now, but I still recommend it to people.

Currently, my main pod cast that I listen to when cleaning, mowing the lawn, etc. is 'Welcome to the Magic Kingdom', which is not a DnD or game play pod cast, it is a improv group playing the part of a guy from earth that fell through a portal into a fantasy world and does interviews at the "Magic Tavern" with his co-hosts Chunttttttt (yes, spelled with seven "t"s) a talking badger and Usidore the Blue, a wizard.

Never heard of this. Sounds like fun. I will check it out.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Let me know what you think. The first few episode had me in stitches, it started to get boring and then it picked up.

Because it is improv, it can be hit or miss, but the main actors and most of the guests are very talented. "Flower" should have her own show.

JRedmond

Explorer
Itmejp - Streams on twitch high quality games and then uploads them on Youtube. RollPlay: Court of Swords is your standard D&D 5e game(currently running game). He has lots of other games playing as well, using different systems and non standard plots(future, super heros...etc)

There is tons of older content that is no longer playing that you can watch on his channel as well. West Marches was pretty good...and there are tons of others.

ITMEJP YOUTUBE LINK

+2 for itmeJP, once you get used his quality streams it's hard to watch anything else. Plus I think Adam Koebel is up with there with Matt Mercer and Chris Perkins as one of the best DMs.

Remove ads