D&D 5E Best character for this party

Paul Smart

Explorer
Thanks for the help everyone. I decided to go with Uriel, Protector Aasimer Celestial Warlock. He will go Pact of the Tome for Book of Ancient Secrets and all the rituals.

He is a radiant blaster - Eldritch Blast re flavoured to radiant damage, Hex causes Radiant, not Necro, also has sacred flame and word of radiance (Magic Initiate Cleric).

He can do minor miracles with both Presditation and Thaumaturgy and can make holy water once per day (Ceremony from Magic Initiate Cleric).

I am looking forward to playing my first warlock, tons of flavour and good blaster.

Paul Smart

Explorer
Thanks for the help everyone. Uriel is a ton of fun to play. For story and character reasons he will stay Warlock till lv 6. I am wondering if it is a good idea to then dip into Divine Soul for a bit. If so, how many levels? Storywise it would be him unlocking some of his internal divine power. Thanks.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Thanks for the help everyone. Uriel is a ton of fun to play. For story and character reasons he will stay Warlock till lv 6. I am wondering if it is a good idea to then dip into Divine Soul for a bit. If so, how many levels? Storywise it would be him unlocking some of his internal divine power. Thanks.

The primary benefit of divine soul would be to add a bit of defense and utility. I think staying Celestial will overall be more powerful till level 11.

Higher level spells are likely to help more than lower level ones. The Healing Dice pool continues to increase. The level 10 celestial ability is very nice. Getting to 3 SR recharge slots at level 11 is a big deal. Also getting 5th slots so hex can potentially last all day is also really good.

I think for your immediate future that celestial is better.

Keep in mind that warlocks from level 5+ tend to make really good AOE controllers - competes with hex but could be worth it.

Remove ads