D&D 5E Best Fighting Style+Weapon+Feats for Paladin (Oath of Vengeance)

Vitor Bastos

Explorer
You've been asking about this on several different forums and in several different threads. I think we've given you a pretty solid idea of what you can do with a level 10 Paladin, so at some point you'll just have to decide what your preference is.

Personally, I wouldn't do a Polearm build with anything other than a Variant Human, and if you're doing a hard stop at 10 I don't think I'd even attempt a Polearm build. Gladius Legius spelled out how you would do one though:

Level 1: PAM
Level 4: GWM (or +2 STR if there's nobody who can cast Bless or give you a reliable form of advantage)
Level 8: Resilient (CON)

Haste is a huge part of this build, so you really need Resilient (CON) at level 8.

Sorry about spamming this topic on multiple forums, I did cause I like to have as much opinioms as possible. I think 3 feats might be a lot for lvl10 cap.

Asgorath

Explorer
Sorry about spamming this topic on multiple forums, I did cause I like to have as much opinioms as possible. I think 3 feats might be a lot for lvl10 cap.

Sure, but this is all discussed in great detail in Gladius Legius' fantastic Paladin guide. You're giving up any kind of actual ability score increase, which means you'll be stuck with a STR of 16 for the entire game. While the Polearm build is the highest DPR available for a Paladin, it really does take at least 9 levels to fully come online, and probably more than that. I would probably only attempt it in a game that was aiming to end at something more like level 15 or 16 (e.g. Out of the Abyss), but that's just me.

Asgorath

Explorer

Remove ads