Best Forgotten Realms adventures.

best forgotton realms adventure?

greyhawk.

hahahhahahahhaha!!!

actually don't know. our group heavily modifies stuff from this milleu to fit ours.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

undermountain.

drscott46

First Post
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Ruins of Adventure was written before the Pool of Radiance CRPG, while with Curse of the Azure Bonds it was the other way around. Feel free to correct me.

Tarek

Explorer
Part of the problem may be that there were two "Pool of Radiance" CRPGs.

The original one was set in Phlan, on the coast of the Moonsea, and was published about a year, two years before the Curse of the Azure Bonds CRPG.

The Curse of the Azure Bonds pen-and-paper module was then published after the Curse CRPG, and the Ruins of Adventure pen-and-paper module was published AFTER the Curse of the Azure Bonds pen-and-paper module.

For the SSI Gold Box CRPGs, the publish order is Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Hillsfar (not quite in the same line but using the same game engine), Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness.

There was another "Pool of Radiance" CRPG, set in Myth Drannor, using the 3rd edition rules. It featured a bard ostensibly from Kara-Tur (the oriental setting) narrating the module using medieval european music...

Rhun

First Post
Mark Hope said:
Curse of the Azure Bonds. Best 2e FR adventure out there, imho. Inspired way to include railroading and not make it suck. So long as you handled it right, the players would buy into it and have a ball. Some great locations and excellent scenes (Zhentil Keep, where the beholder comes through the wall - priceless!)

I agree with this. I wish I still had my copy of the module.

I also really liked Haunted Halls of Evening Star, Ruins of Undermountain, and Treasure Hunt (also a railroad, but a good way to get PCs started on their adventuring career).

Remove ads