• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

best modules

Calim

First Post
I was interested in story ideas and thought modules might be a great place to start, what are your favorites and why?

Gilladian

Adventurer
My players really enjoyed the storyline behind RttToEE but were bored by the lengthy slaughterfest once they got to the temple itself.

Another one I thought was interesting, though I modified it extensively, was Forge of Fury.

Dungeon often has plots that are raidable. For creating intricate city adventures I usually steal from novels. I've been reading the Marcus Valerius Corvinus mysteries by David Wishart lately and intend to borrow extensively.

Gilladian

Dating myself...

Hi all,

Well, I may be dating myself but here are some of my favorites, in no particular order --

1, Enchanted Wood by SPI for Dragonslayer; all sorts of fun things within these magical woods and just made for an interesting curiosity to expand upon... (in their own way, Blade of Allectus and Palace of Ontocle were neat as well)

2, Staff of Fanon series by Columbia Games for Harnmaster; interesting trilogy complete with a dungeon crawl in Kiraz (2nd module) and extra-planar trips (3rd module).

3, Village of Hommlet by TSR for D&D; just a nice place to start adv after adv...

More as I think of them,
Sharack

Munin

First Post
Right now I'm running my group through the Grey Citadel by Necromancer Games. It's one of the best canned modules I've seen in a long time, I highly recommend it.

You might also take a look at the adventure path series in Dungeon.

Remove ads