D&D 5E Best race for Arcane Trickster/Bladesinger build? High Elf/VHuman?

sulimo0310

Explorer
Depending on party make-up, access to another utility cantrip can be invaluable. No one misses mending or message until you need it. That being said, those ARE situational, and a free teleport away from danger is more likely to see use. The biggest reason I rated the High Elf as the most optimal, is because it's the only one (between High Elf and Eladrin) we know is legal. The Eladrin is in the DMG as an example of how to build a subrace, not as a subrace guaranteed to be available to the player. PHB content is assumed to be available unless the DM explicitly excludes it. Optional DMG content is considered unavailable unless the DM explicitly includes it.

the_move

First Post
Aren't the proto-elfs considered being legal? Although they actually would be fey instead of natural elfs, so Protection from Evil and Good (Better named Protection from Undead and Extraplanar) would have an effect on them.

Kithas

First Post
Personally I would advise doing illusion, divination or abjuration school for the utility and better class features. Ive never been a fan of the fact that all of the bladesingers features are tied to the songrage, even barbarians get other stuff. This also opens up your options for races, my reccomendation is halfling. a classic rogue race for good reason, both lightfoot and stout are excellent for different reasons.

One level in fighter for shields and the duelling style will make up for that 2 ac during song and not have a time limit. The fighter shield thing is optional and basicalli requires warcaster so it isnt a cheap option.
Other great races include gnomes and vhuman, for your feat grab one of the half feats that gives int or dex, that way you have a +2/+1 and half a feat.

Remove ads