• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best way to distribute free adventure

JonMonster

First Post
So I've got this series of gen-u-ine, bona fide adventure type modules that I'd like to make available to the general public, gratis. The first I posted here and emailed out to folks who asked for a copy. But I've got a few more and would like to put them somewhere where they are likely to see a little more traffic than a post that drops into the archive after a week or so.

These are some relatively low budget adventures I've got - it's a one man show here. I suppose if I were a gambling man I could submit them to publishers or set up an account over at rpgnow.com and hock 'em for a buck a pop. But you know what? Maybe later. For now I'd like to just throw these things out into the wide world for fine folks such as yourselves to use and abuse as you see fit.

Anybody have any advice on how to do this?

Aus_Snow

First Post
:D Sure, I'm interested too: aus_snow [at] letterboxes [dot] org

Anyway, putting links in your signature and posting a fair bit helps, I think. Posting on multiple message boards and having those links in all your sigs, in fact - even better.

I'm not sure if it costs anything to host them at the ENWorld store as freebies. . . ? At RPGNow and/or DriveThruStuff ?

Hm.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
All this internet distribution is over rated.

I say you should stand on a street corner wearing a sandwich board screaming at passers by and thrusting copies of the adventure into their hands.

END COMMUNICATION

jollyninja

First Post
you could always stick them on a free hosting site and then email morrus with the url to be posted on the news page. who knows, perhaps one of the many publishers who frequent the site would see them and like them? and if you are emailing them to people, ashthompson3 at hotmail.

sydbar

Explorer
I also would be interested in the adventure, send to shallendor[at]netscape[dot]com. I don't know much about it, but some of the yahoo groups use rapidshare to distribute files.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads