• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best way to distribute free adventure

Iku Rex

Explorer
You want to share files on the net? How about publishing them on a file sharing network like eMule ? Contrary to popular belief, file sharing is not just for copyright infringement. ;)

(BTW, I've been toying with the idea of "shareware" RPG supplements or adventures. Have you considered putting a "please send me $X if you like and use this adventure" note in the files? It's not going to make you rich, but then again neither is selling the file unseen for a buck. It'd be interesting to see if you got anything at all.)

One other option, some of us out here have some spare web-property and could push out a simple web page for you.. as long as your not talking huge amounts of files....then you could link in your sig and ask Morrus to post a news clip...

Ilium

First Post
Man, nothing makes people come out of the woodwork like "free adventure."

jim DOT ade AT gmail DOT com :)

I don't know what kind of file size you're talking about, but something as simple as geocities or angelfire would work as well. If you hit your bandwidth limit, just consider yourself a success. :)

Nomad4life

First Post
JonMonster said:
Anybody have any advice on how to do this?

The fastest way? Put a label on them such as “Tophot nude module warez!!111!! ILLEGAL TO DISTRIBUTE WITHOUT CONFORMATION ID NUMBER” and upload them to a few P2P services.

You'll go global overnight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads