BFRPG/Dungeon Crawl Classics-Halls of the Minotaur (OOC)

Malvoisin

First Post
Oh, and here's a picture for Barton. More to come later.

Molric%2D1.jpg

timbuktu

First Post
Ok Ive decided. Halls of the Minotaur shall be our adventure. Its set up for zero class PCs so should scale well to our power level.
So prepare!

Last edited:

timbuktu

First Post
Boards are back! Tailspinner, in the spirit of the old Rules Cyclopedia, I decree that magic users are also proficient with the sling, so you can add that to your arsenal. Also, you may choose Nameless's first level spell, I am not not going to choose for you.

The boards seem, at least for now, faster.

Malvoisin

First Post
timbuktu, I reassigned Barton's ability score array, and I'm working on a write-up for his background and personality (I'd have worked harder on it, but frankly, I expected the downtime to last longer). I have to say, though, I'm a little blocked on trying to choose a deity for him. I have looked over the Mystaran deities you provided, and nothing really jumps out at me. I think I might just have him dedicated to an 'ideal' rather than a deity, if that would be okay with you.

Brother Barton of Rosevale
Human Cleric 1

STR 13 (+1)
INT 9 (+0)
WIS 17 (+2)
DEX 8 (-1)
CON 10 (+0)
CHA 6 (-1)

HP: 6

110 gp

timbuktu

First Post
Mark sounds good.

Malvoisin, you can have Barton be whatever kind of cleric you wish. He could belong to a "national" church which exist in Mystara, a sect of your own desgin, or an ideal.

Last edited:

timbuktu

First Post
Time for another shameless bump. All we need are some equipment for Barton and Nameless, as well as her extra languages, and I think we'll be good to go.

I'll check in this weekend and write up a little about posting and rolls (just to keep the thread on the front page)...

Malvoisin

First Post
Time for another shameless bump. All we need are some equipment for Barton and Nameless, as well as her extra languages, and I think we'll be good to go.

I'll check in this weekend and write up a little about posting and rolls (just to keep the thread on the front page)...
I'll have my man Barton ready to roll by the end of the weekend.

Malvoisin

First Post
Mmmkay, as promised...a complete (I think) character sheet. Brother Barton the eccentric and zealous cleric, for your approval. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Brother Barton of Rosevale
Human Cleric 1

STR 13 (+1)
INT 9 (+0)
WIS 17 (+2)
DEX 8 (-1)
CON 10 (+0)
CHA 6 (-1)

HP: 6

Attack Bonus: +1

AC: 14 (Chainmail, -1 DEX)

Saves
Death Ray/Poison: 11
Magic Wands: 12
Paralysis/Petrification: 14
Dragon Breath: 16
Spells: 15

Treasure
6 gp

Equipment
Mace (6gp)
Sling (1gp)
20 Stones (0gp)
Chainmail (60gp)
Backpack (4gp)
Holy Symbol (25gp)
6 Torches (1gp)
2 Oil Flasks (2gp)
Large Sack (1gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Dagger (2gp) for shaving only
Whetstone (1gP)

Description: Overweight and pale of complexion, there is little about Brother Barton of Rosevale to mark him as a man of consequence. His too-large nose, bristling eyebrows, and fleshy jowls in no way serve to draw others to him. But when one looks into his gleaming dark eyes or listens to the steely passion in his words, it becomes clear that this is a man of great conviction and zeal (indeed, many would even say fanaticism). Clad in simple brown robes (with gleaming mail hidden beneath), Barton keeps his head and bears shaved meticulously smooth. He lives the life of an ascetic, partaking of no meat and no alcohol. He holds to the faith of a god of cleansing fire, who Barton refers to by many titles, though never by name...The Eternal Sun, Brightflame, and Lord of the Dawn are just a few examples. Some observers may quietly wonder whether the god is even real, or merely a figment of Barton's overzealous imagination. Yet, in spite of his eccentric habits and unquestioning devotion to his 'god', he is a good friend to those in need. Where people need help or evil needs smiting, Barton is quick to take up his mace and holy symbol (a many-pointed sunburst of dark iron) and fearlessly battle for the cause of righteousness.

Molric%2D1.jpg

Last edited:

timbuktu

First Post
Malvoisin- Barton looks good, I like the Eternal Sun idea.

So all we await is Tailspinner. Id like to shoot for a Tuesday or Wednesday launch. I know Mark is looking to be out as of the 5th- how is everyone ele's schedule looking.

A quick word regarding rolls and other game related stuff. I would like to maintain a daily or close to daily pace. Weekends can be an exception, obviously. But a daily posting even if you post something minor will let the game moving and let me know we are all present.

As far as rolls go, please create an id for your char or en world handle and roll under that id so we have a log of rolls. In combat roll attack and damage to save time. When necessary you will each roll your own saves. Saves are often used as trap defense so they are important.

As far as you Dm is concerned, I reserve the right to stay behind the "screen". I probably wont make too many rolls public. In addition, I will make the search rolls ( when you make searches) for you as well as rolls for many of the thief abilities, as per the rules.

In all this version of the game is obviously different from d20. It depends more on RP and less on skill rolls. If you want to do something please articulate it in your post. In the situation that something outside of combat cant be resolved by the rules, rping or is an obvious case of success or failure, we will use an attribute roll as a skill roll.

I am not going to rely of DM fiat or "god modding" so dont worry. Its just that the rules are liter in Basic. Characters are more specialized, and everyone can contribute even if its just to search.

Last edited:

Remove ads