Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee will spend the remainder of the day questioning the Gith (using Dominate to get 'truthfull' answers) concerning the Gith encampment (its setup, etc) and the Tribes (heirarchal structure, etc) these two belong to, as well as personal information about the two. She be using these questions to glean a 'profile' on them so to make Dominating them easier (less Will saves). She will also be working out how best to implement the Tailored Memories she wishes to implant later this afternoon/early evening.

OOC:

Paxus: No need to really answer any of these questions, its mostly just mental/psych recon for Grykee.

You can however answer this one: How many days walk is the Gith's Encampment?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:65

Ristu said:
Ristu nods her animal head at Arriha's question. In her animal form she is unable to speak. She begins looking around for a good sturdy tree for them to land.

Arriha also looked for good locations to land in the trees. Safety from predators and remaining unseen were her two primary goals.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Ristu and Arriha rest safely; though the cries of predators and prey disturb their sleep, none draw close enough to threaten them.

OOC: The gith encampment is within one day's forced march.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:65

Arriha alternated sleeping and watching for predators with Ristu throughout the night. It wasn't a great sleep, but it was necessary. She didn't hear sounds of combat or the voices of the woodcutters, though that may have been asking too much of the spirits.

"I've got pretty good eyes to spot the woodcutters," Arriha explained, "and if that fails, I've got a Dorje of Psychic Tracking with a few charges that may do the trick. Anything you have to make this go as quick as possible?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Within an hour, the pair of flyers have located a band of woodcutters which matches the general description they were given. The group is loaded down with woods, including a substantial amount of the agafari prized for weaponcrafting. They do not appear to have noticed their observers.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:61

Arriha hovered but a moment, pointing out to Ristu the location of the carpenters. Then she concentrated on her psionic powers, manifesting an improvement to her presense to help with her diplomatic skills.

Arriha looked for a good location in the trees to maintain some cover and still greet the carpenters. When she found it she pointed it out ti Ristu as well, then put her plan into action.

Landing in the tree she called out to the carpenters, "Ho there, woodcutters! I bring greeting from your leader, Tenpug!"

OOC: Animal Affinity - Charisma (3 pts), 58 remain. Diplomacy +7 (with power).

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:58

Random Woodcutter said:
"What word does he send? And who are you?"

Arriha smiled, 'At least they asked about the message before they asked about me.'

"Tenpug sent me to help you return to your village with all haste," Arriha replied. "Your village desperately you needs the wood that you bring to defend the village. My name is Arriha and myself and my group have been hired by your town to defend it against a coming attack by the gith. I will guide you to your village, scouting the best routes to avoid the enemy and get you and your burden home safely."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Alright, but we'll be watching you, too. Just because you know Tenpug's name doesn't mean we can trust you."

(Assuming that neither Ristu nor Arriha has other plans:) Despite the woodcutter's word of warning, there is no difficulty in returning to the camp, as aerial reconnaissance allows you to avoid the gith patrols.

Does anyone at camp do anything in the three days it takes them to return?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:58

Paxus Asclepius said:
"Alright, but we'll be watching you, too. Just because you know Tenpug's name doesn't mean we can trust you."

"I undertand and would expect no less," Arriha replied, then thought 'though I had hoped you'd be more trusting . . . then again I wasn't completely forecoming either.'

When the group got closer to the village, Arriha used the Animal Messenger spell to alert the town to their arrival. Once in town, Arriha landed, smiled in greeting to her companions, and looked like she was ready to take a nap.

Remove ads