Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:65

Arriha had not problem with Ristu accompanying her, having someone to watch her back and to keep company with would be welcome.

"I would be happy to have Ristu accompany me, provided we fly over the distance," Arriha said. She gladly accepted the additional spells into her repertoire. "As soon as Ristu is ready, we will head off in search of the carpenters."

Arriha checked with the locals to get a description of the path the wood workers would normally take and the current area being de-wooded by the carpenters.

Jarval

Explorer
Uden sits on the ground beside Grykee, listening to the plan for the day develop. He smiles at Garak as he includes him in the spell he casts, and focuses briefly on the feeling of attachment to the others linked by the spell.

"I stay here with Grykee?" He asks, wanting to define his role in the plan.

"Yes, Uden. The rest of us will stay here, ready to go out to help Arriha and Ristu if they call for us." He turns to Ursus apologetically. "If it comes to that, it looks like we'll be riding double again - we're going to have to move fast, and you can't keep up with Uden, Grykee and Kejo, unfortunately..."

Last edited:

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Ursus shrugs. "I'll just have to deal with it if it comes to that. We should get them on the road right away though because we really need that wood to help defend the village."

Ursus helps Ritsu and Arriha gather up any supplies they need on the journey.

G

Guest 11456

Lifehearth Ristu : Female Pterran Druid 11

Keia said:
Arriha had not problem with Ristu accompanying her, having someone to watch her back and to keep company with would be welcome.

"I would be happy to have Ristu accompany me, provided we fly over the distance," Arriha said. She gladly accepted the additional spells into her repertoire. "As soon as Ristu is ready, we will head off in search of the carpenters."

Arriha checked with the locals to get a description of the path the wood workers would normally take and the current area being de-wooded by the carpenters.

The Pterran druid lifts her head at the mention of her name.

"I would be happy to accompany you, Arriha. I can be ready within the hour."

Ristu leaves to make preparations and then returns in about 45 minutes.

"I am ready to go when you are, Arriha!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:61

Ristu said:
"I am ready to go when you are, Arriha!"

"Let's get an early start then," Arriha replied. Arriha checked with the others for any last minutes instructions, including double checking with the locals on the possible route the group may have taken.

With farewells and a quick prayer to the gods of air, Arriha and Ristu set off.

Garak watches as Arriha and Ristu wheel off into the sky. Then he turns to the others.

"I have some scrying spells prepared, but asking the earth spirits for visions is a long process, and I wish to remain prepared in case Ritsu and Arriha need us. I will try to learn more about the Gith when they have returned with the woodcutters"

He heads off to the stables, where he checks on Kejo and armours the inix with studded leather barding. Better to be prepared, should Arriha and Ristu need help.

ooc: At this stage, Garak is just going to wait and see what happens with our two flyers. He won't be initiating any further actions at this stage until Arriha and Ristu return, or until he gets their call for assistance.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
It takes a little over twelve hours, more than half the day, before Arriha and Ristu reach the Crescent Forest; they are getting tired after the day's exertion, though their altitude avoided much of the otherwise unbearable heat.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:65

The all day journey put a bit of a strain on the Aarakocra’s 6’10” frame. The blessings of air protected her from the heaviest portions of the heat of the day, but she kept a close eye on Ristu to make certain she would be alright as well.

During the journey, Arriha enjoyed her flight stretching her wings and riding the air currents. She kept her eyes ground-ward frequently, looking for troop movements and other signs of trouble for the return trip with the carpenters.

When they finally reached the forest, Arriha asked Ristu, “We should find a comfortable tree and rest for a while, do you not agree?”

G

Guest 11456

Lifehearth Ristu : Female Pterran Druid 11

Keia said:
The all day journey put a bit of a strain on the Aarakocra’s 6’10” frame. The blessings of air protected her from the heaviest portions of the heat of the day, but she kept a close eye on Ristu to make certain she would be alright as well.

During the journey, Arriha enjoyed her flight stretching her wings and riding the air currents. She kept her eyes ground-ward frequently, looking for troop movements and other signs of trouble for the return trip with the carpenters.

When they finally reached the forest, Arriha asked Ristu, “We should find a comfortable tree and rest for a while, do you not agree?”

Ristu nods her animal head at Arriha's question. In her animal form she is unable to speak. She begins looking around for a good sturdy tree for them to land.

OOC note: Ristu would have had to stop at or before 11 hours (the duration of her wildshape) to use another of her uses (a total of four per day). She would change back to herself and then take on her animal form once more.

Remove ads