Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Garak will watch them until the expiry of the spell, trying to get what he can from his observations of the council and trying to fix it in his mind so Grykee can (hopefully) translate it through his memories later.

When the spell expires, Garak goes to Grykee with this intent, while the memories are still fresh in his mind. If she has already gone to sleep, he too will try to get some rest.

OOC: This will likely be my last post for a few days - I'm moving house, and I doubt I'll have web access before next Tuesday. If anything major comes up before then, feel free to autopilot Garak until I get back.

Jarval

Explorer
Uden silently listens to the discussion of strategy and tactics among his friends, making careful notes of their ideas. At a lull in the conversation, he speaks up.

"If we find out where the mine is, we maybe have knowledge worth money. Many people pay to know where an iron mine is." He says thoughtfully. "If there many gith there, we sell knowledge to someone with an army."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Mindbender 12th PP:2 HP:25/46

"No, no Garak. That's fine I'm not asleep yet. Best get this while your memories are fresh." She says without moving the turbin off her eyes. She slids the turbin up and gazes into Garak's face. Her eyes glitter with misdeeds for a moment and she smirks.

"Your lucky I'm not a bad girl anymore..."

She manifests Mind Probe to see what the Garak overheard Gith Cheiftan saying. Then reluctantly she leaves his mind and secrets untouched.

OOC: Sorry I kept missing the fact that a new page had started. D'oh.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The gith was discussing his intent to turn upon the Eye chieftain after the assault, crushing his forces against Tenpug's tribe and destroying both utterly. None present seemed to find the plan either morally troubling or unfeasible.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
"The Chieften is planing on backstabbing the other tribes and crushing them between him and the village when the time comes. This gives me an idea, but I'll need to sleep on it."

OOC: Sorry I was shamefully spending time making a character for another game. I'll be back on track here after the weekend. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Last edited:

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Once he wakes up Ursus checks on the prisoners to be sure they are properly secured and a new guard is assigned to watch them. He then heads out to speak with any of the warriors of the village that he can find.

Speaking to any warriors he finds, "We need to begin fortifying the village. I figure the place we should concentrate on protecting is the temple, because we can hide all of the women and children inside of it and they will be shielded from the Gith.

We plan to use some earthen magic to move the sand dune off the back of the temple so that we can place archers and slingers on the top of the building. If possible I would like to dig large trenches around the perimeter of the temple and fill it with sharpened stakes made of wood, bone or anything else you have on hand. We can then use the sand from those trenches to build up large dunes behind them so that the Gith are forced to crawl and climb through all of this before they can accurately shoot any arrows or magic at us.

I will also need an estimate of all the various weapons you have available in the camp so we can begin assigning armaments to people. Bows and slings are going to be very important to driving these Gith back, but we may have to rely on simple clubs and blades if it comes to it."

Ursus spends a moment thinking.

"We already have plans in place to attack the Gith directly, but we need to defend this settlement from attacks first."

Ursus begins helping people count and distribute weapons and gets the crafts people of the village working on making more.

Remove ads