Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"We have very few real weapons, and certainly not enough wood to make stakes. However, most of our carpenters are coming back from a wood-harvesting trip to the Crescent Forest; if you can get them past the gith, they should be here in three days with enough wood to do as you want."

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

"Hmm, I will need to confer with my companions about this. Is there anyone here who knows the area they are at well enough to describe it to us in great detail? We may be able to view it from afar if given enough detail. We will try to come up with a plan to get them back to the village safely, because we need everyone here if the Gith come in force."

Ursus continues helping with preparing the village for defense and tries to round up the rest of the party to explain to them what he has heard about the wood gathering party.

To the party when he finds them he says, "We need to get this wood gathering party back into town safely if possible. If one of the villagers knows this forest well enough we can have him describe the place to someone who can use magic to view it...and decide what to do from there."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Cerebus13 said:
Ursus

"Hmm, I will need to confer with my companions about this. Is there anyone here who knows the area they are at well enough to describe it to us in great detail? We may be able to view it from afar if given enough detail. We will try to come up with a plan to get them back to the village safely, because we need everyone here if the Gith come in force."

"We have no way of knowing where they are in the forest. It's a big place, and they tend to move all over."

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Paxus Asclepius said:
"We have no way of knowing where they are in the forest. It's a big place, and they tend to move all over."

"Alright, we would still like someone to describe the area to us so we can at least attempt to find these people."

Jarval

Explorer
Uden patrols the outskirts of the village, looking for any sign of gith. If he can't find any, he returns rather disappointed to the main part of the camp, and tries to get some breakfast.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:65

Arriha looked on thoughtfully as the group considered their options. It seemed that the wood crafters would be an important part of the defense of the town.

"I could fly over the forest and see if I can spot their location," Arriha offered. "Especially with some magical support for defense for the time I'm gone - maybe protection from the missiles one tends to target me with, I could get there scope it out and return within a few short hours."

"Ristu could accompany you in the form of a razorwing. Two pairs of eyes are better than one, and her healing abilities could be important if you are attacked," offered Garak. "Do you have any way we can communicate with you while you are roaming the forests?"

OOC: It will be another few days at least before I have reliable internet access, sorry about the protracted nature of this mess. I'm intending to change Garak's spell selection before today's play gets underway - I will edit the Rogue's Gallery thread when this becomes a reality.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:65

Garak said:
"Do you have any way we can communicate with you while you are roaming the forests?"

"No, not at all," Arriha replied. "I don't intend to stop and help, only to location them and report back, though."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee arises late and after looking in on here prisoners, she joins the others.

Brought up to speed she offers her thoughts.

"Hmmm, if we can get a good description for Garak he could scry the woodsmen. Atleast then we won't have to waste time scouting, and if necesary we could then recon in force."

She allows this to be considered then continues.

"As for the prisoners I think they should be released, with suitably altered memories. With Garak's help through scrying I can use them as agents to sow dissent and sabotage. We can also get Garak a better view of the camp, as I can move them around. Of course to many overt commands, and well, some Gith might get suspiscious. That would not only end our spies usefullness, but alert them to our prescence. Anyway it is something to think over."

Last edited:

Garak agrees with Arriha going off to find the woodcutters, but still believes that it would be safer for Ristu to go as well, wildshaped into some flying creature. As a precaution, he casts Imbue with Spell Ability on Arriha, transferring Animal Messenger, Hold Person and Bless. Before she leaves, he will cast Status, including Arriha, Ristu and Uden in the spell's effect.

"If you get in trouble, send a messenger creature back here so we can help. These spells will help protect you and the woodcutters in the meantime."

Last edited:

Remove ads